The Student Room Group

Late approval of Higher Maintenance Loan

What has happened is, initially I have been receiving the basic maintenance loan amount, but was eligible for higher, as long as I provided additional evidence about my mother's marital status, I uploaded the required documents once I managed to get a hold of them, and they have been approved about a month ago. I then asked a student finance officer in the chat whether I'd receive the additional amount in my last payment and I have been reassured that this will be the case. However, due to a system error, the additional amount hasn't been added to my last payment balance. Is there any time frame for this to be resolved, and or when the additional amount will be calculated and paid out since I'm in need of it?
Original post by J2203
What has happened is, initially I have been receiving the basic maintenance loan amount, but was eligible for higher, as long as I provided additional evidence about my mother's marital status, I uploaded the required documents once I managed to get a hold of them, and they have been approved about a month ago. I then asked a student finance officer in the chat whether I'd receive the additional amount in my last payment and I have been reassured that this will be the case. However, due to a system error, the additional amount hasn't been added to my last payment balance. Is there any time frame for this to be resolved, and or when the additional amount will be calculated and paid out since I'm in need of it?

Hi there, So we can look into your account and the outstanding payment please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Hi, I have already contacted and the only thing I'm being told is that due to a system error, they're unable to calculate the additional sum, therefore I won't be able to receive the extra amount until the error is resolved. Now this error has been going on for almost over a month and there is still no time scale for the fix. Am I supposed to just wait?
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, So we can look into your account and the outstanding payment please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Original post by J2203
Hi, I have already contacted and the only thing I'm being told is that due to a system error, they're unable to calculate the additional sum, therefore I won't be able to receive the extra amount until the error is resolved. Now this error has been going on for almost over a month and there is still no time scale for the fix. Am I supposed to just wait?

Hi there, If they are unable to perform the assessment and calculation until the error has been resolved, it would mean waiting. Apologies for the inconvenience, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending