The Student Room Group

Means-testing after SLC application

Hi,

When applications open for this year is it possible to apply for a means-tested loan after applying for a non-means-tested loan?

Essentially, can I apply without household income or parent details and then add them to my application if my initial application gets approved?

If yes, can this be done online or would my parents need to send forms through the post?

Philip
Hi there. Yes, you can apply for the minimum Maintenance Loan first, then apply for the higher rate later on.

If you select 'no' to the higher rate on the application, then you would need to fill in a few forms to apply for the higher rate, but these can be uploaded to your online account. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Thanks. Would my parents be able to upload their forms online as well?
Yes, all of them can be uploaded to your account. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Yes, all of them can be uploaded to your account. Thanks, Leah.
Hi,
I applied for SfE funding and my application was approved. I would like to apply for my loan to be means-tested. When I go through the change your application option and request a means-tested maintenance loan the website comes up with this page. They ask for the forms to be sent via post. Can I upload the forms online instead of sending them via post?

Screenshot 2024-03-15 173426.png
Original post by Philip_04
Hi,
I applied for SfE funding and my application was approved. I would like to apply for my loan to be means-tested. When I go through the change your application option and request a means-tested maintenance loan the website comes up with this page. They ask for the forms to be sent via post. Can I upload the forms online instead of sending them via post?
Screenshot 2024-03-15 173426.png

Hi Phillip,

Yes, the forms can definitely be uploaded, rest assured: you don't need to post them.

We're working to get this wording updated to reflect this at some point.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending