The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan entitlement

Hi,

I’m considering applying for a postgraduate Masters course and have a question about the postgraduate tuition loan.

I’ve seen advice stating that you aren’t eligible if you have any previous masters degree, and other advice specifying that you’re ineligible if you specifically hold a post graduate master’s.

My undergraduate degree was an undergraduate MSc course from a Scottish uni and I received SFE undergraduate funding for it. The grading was the same as for English Bachelors degrees, and for all graduate job applications, the degree hasn’t been considered the same as a postgraduate Masters.

Will this affect my eligibility for the postgraduate master’s tuition loan?

I’m resident in England (and was before my undergraduate degree as well). Happy to answer any other questions if you need further info

Also, if I received Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) during my undergraduate degree (during my final year only), will I be able to claim it again on a postgraduate course?
Original post by GreenPilea
Hi,

I’m considering applying for a postgraduate Masters course and have a question about the postgraduate tuition loan.

I’ve seen advice stating that you aren’t eligible if you have any previous masters degree, and other advice specifying that you’re ineligible if you specifically hold a post graduate master’s.

My undergraduate degree was an undergraduate MSc course from a Scottish uni and I received SFE undergraduate funding for it. The grading was the same as for English Bachelors degrees, and for all graduate job applications, the degree hasn’t been considered the same as a postgraduate Masters.

Will this affect my eligibility for the postgraduate master’s tuition loan?

I’m resident in England (and was before my undergraduate degree as well). Happy to answer any other questions if you need further info

Also, if I received Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) during my undergraduate degree (during my final year only), will I be able to claim it again on a postgraduate course?

Hi there, our Postgraduate Loan applications have launched and you will be able to submit an application for the team to review. Once this has been fully reviewed the team will be in contact with you to confirm your eligibility for funding. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending