The Student Room Group

Do I put my step-mum on my student finance application?

I don't live with my dad and my mum passed away but due to not being estranged I have to put my dad on my student finance form, however do i also have to put my step mums income, she doesn't financially support me and never has.
Original post by diamondjxles
I don't live with my dad and my mum passed away but due to not being estranged I have to put my dad on my student finance form, however do i also have to put my step mums income, she doesn't financially support me and never has.

Hi there,

Yes, if your Dad and Step-Mum live together you need to include her income with your application.

Thanks, Graeme
How is my step-mum and dad classed as my household income if they are not even in my household let alone they dont financially support me, just because I am in contact with my dad I am deprived of extra maintence loan even though he doesn't send me a penny let alone his wife??!
Original post by diamondjxles
How is my step-mum and dad classed as my household income if they are not even in my household let alone they dont financially support me, just because I am in contact with my dad I am deprived of extra maintence loan even though he doesn't send me a penny let alone his wife??!

We have to abide by the rules set by the Department for Education regarding household income. However, there are some other things we can suggest.

We'd first suggest speaking to your university's Finance team to see if they can offer any help or advice. We'd also advise checking our the page linked below to see if anything there can help too.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-student-finance-support

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending