The Student Room Group

Student loan application

My parents live together, and I with them, but I am only supported by my mother. She has a lower income than my father, but we all live together with my siblings. Whose income do I use in my application for student loan?
Original post by Meeeeelllll
My parents live together, and I with them, but I am only supported by my mother. She has a lower income than my father, but we all live together with my siblings. Whose income do I use in my application for student loan?

Hi there, if your parents are together and you are under the age of 25 we would require both of your parents details in support of your application. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, if your parents are together and you are under the age of 25 we would require both of your parents details in support of your application. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for replying to my question. There has been a new development as my father has just broken the news about his retirement this week, and my mother may very well be the sole supporter of the entire family. My father will not be making as much as he was in 2022, and I'm really worried this will affect my maintenance loan and my opportunity for scholarships.

But does this change anything?

Thanks.
Original post by Meeeeelllll
Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for replying to my question. There has been a new development as my father has just broken the news about his retirement this week, and my mother may very well be the sole supporter of the entire family. My father will not be making as much as he was in 2022, and I'm really worried this will affect my maintenance loan and my opportunity for scholarships.

But does this change anything?

Thanks.

We would still require both of your parents income for the tax year 21/22 if you are applying for funding in the 23/24 academic year. If there is expected to be a drop in income in 23/24 tax year in comparison to 21/22 tax year then they can complete the CYI form with the estimated income for 23/24 tax year for the team to review.

They can find the form to complete here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1149325/sfe_cyi_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending