The Student Room Group

Financing options for UK resident International student?

I am going to a UK university in September. I am a U.S./UK dual national resident in the UK. I do not qualify as a Home student so can’t get a loan or lower fees. But also can’t get a loan in the US as am not resident there. Anyone got experience in funding as I’m stuck between two stalls here?
How long were you living in the US?
Why were you living in the US?

If you defer your place for a year and then move to the UK and work for a year then it’s possible that you could demonstrate to SFE that you were only temporarily resident in the US due to your parents and that once you turned 18/completed high school you moved back to the UK independently. If they believe you and class your time in the US as temporary residency then you would be eligible for student finance. That wouldn’t work if you were born in the US and never lived in the UK at all or if you left high school a few years ago and stayed in the US as an adult.
Reply 2
I was born in the US and lived there until I was 16 so that won’t work. I have offers as an International student. If I defer for a year and qualify as ordinarily resident, will I be able to keep my place and enter as a Home student, or will I have to reapply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending