The Student Room Group

Will I be considered a home student if I have leave to enter visa?

Hello, I turn 18 this July and am doing my GCSEs right now. I moved to the UK from Hong Kong in November 2021 with a child dependent visa as my mom has the UK passport. I will be going to university in 2025, and was hoping to pay the home student fee as I'd be living here for longer than 3 years.
However, I was looking online and saw that being "settled " refers to having indefinite leave to enter/remain? I checked my BRP and it only says Leave to Enter. I couldn't find much regarding my situation and would really like some insight. Much appreciated!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by ayhss
Hello, I turn 18 this July and am doing my GCSEs right now. I moved to the UK from Hong Kong in November 2021 with a child dependent visa as my mom has the UK passport. I will be going to university in 2025, and was hoping to pay the home student fee as I'd be living here for longer than 3 years.
However, I was looking online and saw that being "settled " refers to having indefinite leave to enter/remain? I checked my BRP and it only says Leave to Enter. I couldn't find much regarding my situation and would really like some insight. Much appreciated!

Hi there,

Just to confirm, are you asking specifically about whether or not you'll be asked to pay fees as a UK or international student?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to confirm, are you asking specifically about whether or not you'll be asked to pay fees as a UK or international student?

Thanks, Graeme

Hello Graeme,

Yes, please!

Many thanks
Original post by ayhss
Hello Graeme,

Yes, please!

Many thanks

Thanks, it's entirely up to your university to decide what kind of fees to charge you: we don't have any say in this.

So, if you have a particular university in mind we'd recommend asking them directly and they'll be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending