The Student Room Group

Do you tell your family about your finances?

Mothers dead, never met my father so my sisters and nephew are whats left of my immediate family.

I'm going to university in September 2023 and my sister keeps asking about my finances. I feel like she keeps asking a about finances because she's worried, but, there's a little part of me thinking that she just wants to be nosey and see how much I will have in the bank.

To me finance has always been a personal thing.

Do you share about your finances or not? I'm 50/50 on if I should or shouldn't.
Reply 1
Original post by leedsstudent2001
Mothers dead, never met my father so my sisters and nephew are whats left of my immediate family.

I'm going to university in September 2023 and my sister keeps asking about my finances. I feel like she keeps asking a about finances because she's worried, but, there's a little part of me thinking that she just wants to be nosey and see how much I will have in the bank.

I personally do share finances and it's related matters with my parents and my sister. I think they deserve to know since we use each other's finances when it's needed.
Nah. My mum used to always inquire about it but I stood my ground and told her no. Now she's stopped.
Original post by leedsstudent2001

Only the bare essentials that they really need to know.
Normal finances i dont tell them about. They dont need to know. It might be different if i was struggling for money, but im not.
My parents have never known what my wages were, my savings less than never!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending