The Student Room Group

student finance - EU

Good evening, I just wanted to double check that now I have my settled status (as I'm Portuguese) and I can receive maintenance loan now as I have lived here for 5 years, do I have to do this through one of my parents as I'm under 25? or is there another way? because I have not been dependant on my parents in the last 5 years as I live with my auntie and she is the one who financially helps me out but she is technically not my legal guardian? can I do it through my own income as I work part time on an 8 hour contract?
Reply 1
Good evening, I have got another inquiry about my situation with student finance. I applied for tuition fee only couple of months back as I only had settlement status but now that I have Settled status and can apply for maintenance loan what do I do with this situation about my tuition fee? do I need to apply again for this or shall I call them up and tell student finance my settlement has changed?
Original post by RCor
Good evening, I have got another inquiry about my situation with student finance. I applied for tuition fee only couple of months back as I only had settlement status but now that I have Settled status and can apply for maintenance loan what do I do with this situation about my tuition fee? do I need to apply again for this or shall I call them up and tell student finance my settlement has changed?

Hi there, you would need to apply on the paper PN1 Form found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6543a65cd36c910012935c7b/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf
You would need to post this back to the address on the form with your share code confirming your settled status and home office letter.

If you're under 25 we would need your parents income to assess you for the higher finance unless you have self supported for 3 years before the start of your course? We can't use other family members for this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending