The Student Room Group

Didn’t meet transfer requirements Uni considering Clearing

I am in my first year at university and was really not enjoying the location so applied for a transfer to a different university in a location I knew I would like. I received an offer from this university but I have just received my results and I failed one exam so I didn’t meet the requirements. I do not want to stay at this university so I am wondering if there is anyway I can transfer through clearing onto the first year at another university. The only problem is my resit is between 14-25 of august so I am worried i wouldn’t get my results in time.
It is best to ask the universities you are interested in. You may have a 31st August cut-off time.
Original post by Neddena
I am in my first year at university and was really not enjoying the location so applied for a transfer to a different university in a location I knew I would like. I received an offer from this university but I have just received my results and I failed one exam so I didn’t meet the requirements. I do not want to stay at this university so I am wondering if there is anyway I can transfer through clearing onto the first year at another university. The only problem is my resit is between 14-25 of august so I am worried i wouldn’t get my results in time.

Hi Neddena, Clearing doesn't close until October so you should still have time to make an application once you get your results. Just be aware that Clearing can close earlier than October depending on each institution (e.g Clearing at Brookes closes at the end of September)
I'd recommend calling the university you are interested in going to and making sure you have all the information you need for making a credit transfer application.
- Amy
Applicant Engagement Team
Original post by Neddena

Have you sent your current results to the uni you hold an offer with? If not, do that ASAP as they may choose to accept you in any case.

I'd also let them know you have a resit pending and the date, just so you know where you stand.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Have you sent your current results to the uni you hold an offer with? If not, do that ASAP as they may choose to accept you in any case.

I'd also let them know you have a resit pending and the date, just so you know where you stand.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I sent my results this morning. Do you know what would happen with my student finance if I did apply for clearing for a first year course as I have already applied for it for my second year course?
Original post by Neddena
Thanks for the reply. Yes I sent my results this morning. Do you know what would happen with my student finance if I did apply for clearing for a first year course as I have already applied for it for my second year course?

I know that changing course on an SFE application is relatively straightforward but am unsure whether 1st vs. 2nd year would complicate things.

You could always give SFE a bell whilst you are awaiting the outcome and see what the implications are if you did swap.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
I know that changing course on an SFE application is relatively straightforward but am unsure whether 1st vs. 2nd year would complicate things.

You could always give SFE a bell whilst you are awaiting the outcome and see what the implications are if you did swap.

Ok thank you very much for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending