The Student Room Group

Making friends memories at uni

I am about to start my nursing associate apprenticeship at university in September and I’m not the greatest person when it comes to making friendships. Any advice as I feel I always ruin it as I try my hardest to fit in. Also does anyone have any advice about uni in general even though I’m doing it as an apprenticeship
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi @Creed5nr62272

Congratulations on receiving your offer! :biggrin:

I think that University is quite different to school, since there are many people who come from all sorts of different backgrounds.

At school I was also not quite the one to fit in, however, I found that I have really been able to make some lovely friends at University. I'm sure you will too!

I think that you should just be yourself, maybe go to your University's welcome week and fresher's fair. For myself, I found that joining societies really helped me to meet new people too, you can also pick up new hobbies as you go! :smile:

I am not doing an apprenticeship, but as a University student in general, it is important to stay organised and develop your own style of working :smile:. As you are given more independence, it is really up to you to study. However, on the opposite side, try to maintain a good work-life balance, as endless working is definitely not a healthy life style.

I hope that helps. :smile:
Don't worry, just be yourself and I'm sure you'll make many friends and memories during your time at University.

All the best!
Chloe
-University of Kent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending