The Student Room Group

Student Finance Proof of Unearned Income

I've applied for a student loan for my second year at uni. However, this time I also applied for a maintenance loan (I didn't for my first year since I didn't think I'd need to as I'm living at home) and I said in my application that I get interest from a building society current account and savings account. I then got an email saying I need to provide 'supporting evidence' of unearned income, which I assume is the interest.

It then lists different types of evidence:
-Self Assessment Tax Return
-Self Assessment tax calculations
-Tax calculations
-Confirmation from accountant of income from all sources
-Copy of rent book
-Copies of dividend statements
-Shares

However, I don't have any of these, so I clicked the 'I cannot provide any of the above' option, which did nothing. I thought that maybe I could provide a bank statement, but I don't know which of the listed types of evidence that fits in to. Does anyone know what option to choose to provide bank statements?
Original post by alfiemu
I've applied for a student loan for my second year at uni. However, this time I also applied for a maintenance loan (I didn't for my first year since I didn't think I'd need to as I'm living at home) and I said in my application that I get interest from a building society current account and savings account. I then got an email saying I need to provide 'supporting evidence' of unearned income, which I assume is the interest.

It then lists different types of evidence:
-Self Assessment Tax Return
-Self Assessment tax calculations
-Tax calculations
-Confirmation from accountant of income from all sources
-Copy of rent book
-Copies of dividend statements
-Shares

However, I don't have any of these, so I clicked the 'I cannot provide any of the above' option, which did nothing. I thought that maybe I could provide a bank statement, but I don't know which of the listed types of evidence that fits in to. Does anyone know what option to choose to provide bank statements?

Hi there,

You don't need to pick a particular option to upload bank statements, rest assured. You just need to upload the statements on your account and our assessors will tell you if they need any further details at all.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

You don't need to pick a particular option to upload bank statements, rest assured. You just need to upload the statements on your account and our assessors will tell you if they need any further details at all.

Thanks, Graeme

I've uploaded it now. Thanks for the help!
Original post by alfiemu
I've uploaded it now. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending