The Student Room Group

evidence of salary overseas for SLC

i left the UK a month ago and update SLC with my address and salary (as well as making the first repayment via their system)

but they keep emailing me asking for more documentation to prove my salary

ik the answer is probably to phone them but i can't be bothered to go the extra mile to prove to SLC the money im paying them every month isn't coming out of thin air, especially when i've already sent them my offer letter, compensation statement (signed by employer) and visa paperwork showing salary

i have no other evidence to give them unless i wait a few months for payslips to come in. if i keep paying off my loan will that be a problem?
They only need to know how much you are earning to calculate how much you pay. If you don't confirm your salary, they will charge a set amount based on the country you have moved to. If you do a search you should be able to find the amount for your country.
Reply 2
Original post by Old man1234
They only need to know how much you are earning to calculate how much you pay. If you don't confirm your salary, they will charge a set amount based on the country you have moved to. If you do a search you should be able to find the amount for your country.

is the set amount the (currency converted) equivalent of the earnings threshold (of like £22k) required for any deductions to take place? i cannot find the number for where i am but if it is similar to this ill just continue with my current repayment plan which will suffice

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending