The Student Room Group

Ineligible for tuition loan, can I still get some maintenance loan?

I dropped out of uni in third year and want to start a new bachelor's degree in a different subject, so I have already used three years of loan. I know I would only get tuition loan for the third year of the new degree, but I've seen in a couple of places I might be able to receive some maintenance loan for the first two years. Can someone confirm if this is the case?
Original post by funkiestcorn
I dropped out of uni in third year and want to start a new bachelor's degree in a different subject, so I have already used three years of loan. I know I would only get tuition loan for the third year of the new degree, but I've seen in a couple of places I might be able to receive some maintenance loan for the first two years. Can someone confirm if this is the case?

Hi there,

can you confirm what course you're looking to study now? Would this be full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

can you confirm what course you're looking to study now? Would this be full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire

It would be computer science BSc full time. I studied mathematics before but never got a qualification.
It would be computer science BSc full time. I studied mathematics before but never got a qualification.

How many years in total do you have of previous study from all courses you have done?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
How many years in total do you have of previous study from all courses you have done?

Thanks,
Claire

Three
Three

Hi there,

Thanks - yes, you'll be entitled to the Maintenance Loan is all years, even if you don't get the Tuition Fee Loan in every year.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending