The Student Room Group

Foundation year, repeat year, integrated masters

So, I originally started a course with a foundation year. This is an undergraduate program that is actually 4 years long rathe than 3 years. I have unfortunately had to repeat a year (I was doing ok the first half, but had a bad reaction to medication in the second which messed the year up for me). I'm going into the repeat of my second year now (so my 4th year, by the calendar). However, I would like to transfer to doing an integrated masters. That would be, i guess, transferring from a course which is four years (bachelors with a foundation) to a different four year course (integrated masters). that alone is _actually_ 5 years, and I now have a repeat year taking it to 6 years... Is this likely to actually be covered by student finance?
Original post by Omnikron13
So, I originally started a course with a foundation year. This is an undergraduate program that is actually 4 years long rathe than 3 years. I have unfortunately had to repeat a year (I was doing ok the first half, but had a bad reaction to medication in the second which messed the year up for me). I'm going into the repeat of my second year now (so my 4th year, by the calendar). However, I would like to transfer to doing an integrated masters. That would be, i guess, transferring from a course which is four years (bachelors with a foundation) to a different four year course (integrated masters). that alone is _actually_ 5 years, and I now have a repeat year taking it to 6 years... Is this likely to actually be covered by student finance?

If you're adding an integrated masters year this will be funded. Just get your university to send us a 'change of circumstance' to update the course to a 5 year degree. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending