The Student Room Group

How do I get a job????

I’ve been applying to places for over a month now and I still haven’t got a job. I applied through indeed AND websites. No one is even replying to me. On indeed like 300 people are applying for every job I doubt they even see everyone’s application.
How am I supposed to get a job? And how are other people getting jobs?
Reply 1
indeed applications, in my experience, are rarely seen compared to applying directly to companies. id reccomend having a cv that highlights why youd be a good fit for that role specifically. this might be hard if you have no/limited work experience, but you can include things with transferrable skills to workplaces such as time management, teamwork, problem solving etc. best advice i can give is dont give up!! took me a while to end up with a permanent position but it does happen eventually, feel free to ask for further information or anything! best of luck!
Reply 2
Also should I call places up when I haven’t heard from them? I heard that sometimes they forget about you but if you call them they’re likely to give you an interview on the spot?
Reply 3
Original post by Whynot3
Also should I call places up when I haven’t heard from them? I heard that sometimes they forget about you but if you call them they’re likely to give you an interview on the spot?

id say thats a good idea if its been a few working days, it also shows a level of commitment as this isnt a step taken by many applicants so it may help set you apart from the rest as well!
Original post by Whynot3

Definitely, it worked for me! I called after hearing nothing for nearly a week, got an interview invite a day later by email with them saying they were impressed by my initiative. A phone interview and in person interview later I got the job.

It is likely that they are busy with other priorities for the company but calling them definitely shows initiative and commitment.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending