The Student Room Group

Why is Oxford law AAA?

ive been wondering this for a while but I have yet to receive a direct answer . ive noticed that a majority of top unis in england ask for an A* AA but the number one school in the UK requires an AAA? is there any specific reason ?
Original post by spam44
ive been wondering this for a while but I have yet to receive a direct answer . ive noticed that a majority of top unis in england ask for an A* AA but the number one school in the UK requires an AAA? is there any specific reason ?

I’d guess because the emphasis is much more on what supercurriculars you do in order to support your application rather than what grades you are predicted (especially since law generally has no specific subject requirements).
(edited 8 months ago)
As said above they are looking for particularly good students and do not want to rule people out unfairly. Also look at the grades of those actually awarded places by the way (which is NOT the same as the minimum grades required) as that is often an awful lot higher.

Oxbridge due to the interview process is looking for someone very interested in the topic etc and very bright and sometimes you find that amongst someone with AAA rather than 3 A stars (having said that my relatives who were recently at Oxbridge all had three A stars and applied after A level grades were out on a second attempt)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending