The Student Room Group

Uneven hair. Should I get it checked by doctor?

Over the Years (since I was 12) I have developed areas where hair grew much less . For example there is now like a large dent on one side of my head ( not my skull just hair). I think it might be some sort of alopecia. The reason I didn't check it out already was because I thought it wouldn't be serious. What should I do. I'm 16 yes old is that normal. Could my hair grow evenly again
Reply 1
Original post by Sigmakernal
Over the Years (since I was 12) I have developed areas where hair grew much less . For example there is now like a large dent on one side of my head ( not my skull just hair). I think it might be some sort of alopecia. The reason I didn't check it out already was because I thought it wouldn't be serious. What should I do. I'm 16 yes old is that normal. Could my hair grow evenly again

It could just be alopecia it can happen if you tie your hair up a lot. A doctors appointment is a good idea .my friend had alopecia and used mane and tail shampoo which is for horses( no joke) and it increased the growth a little bit .
Reply 2
Yes, you should get it checked by a doctor

Quick Reply

Latest