The Student Room Group

Study Weeks

Hey In University I heard you get Reading weeks for Studying which would be SO helpful to catch up on work- however my university is still running some of my lessons throughout the week which means I am going to struggle to actually catch up with work seeing as I am in school 5/5 days and sometimes 4/5. I obviously know I have to go to Lessons but surely I can have a couple of days to catch up with work!? What's everyone else done in these situations!
Anon,

Some courses do reading weeks at different times, so it might be useful to check if there is a reading week for your course later on in the term. Your timetable might also change after the first few weeks, so do have a look to see if it alters.

It might be that you have to utilise more of your weekends. I know that sounds frustrating but perhaps you can have a couple evenings off during the week and get up early on Saturdays to help you get through some of the content.

It might also be a case of getting up half an hour early to do some revision or work during the week. If you have gaps during the day, it might be spending a good chunk of that time in the library. If you commute by train or bus, it might be doing some reading on your journey to and from university. If you are getting home and spending ages cooking, perhaps you need to find some quick meals that you can eat on the days when you have lectures until late, so that you can use that extra time to work. If you have long lunchtimes then perhaps it's using that time to get stuff printed or to deal with life admin.

You might just have to be more creative with your time.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending