The Student Room Group

Can I do a four year foundation degree fully financed if I did a year at university?

I want to do a four year foundation degree but I already did a year at the open university, would I be able to get the full four years fully financed or is there a limit?
The degree will be journalism with foundation year at London Metropolitan university.
Original post by Spencer26
I want to do a four year foundation degree but I already did a year at the open university, would I be able to get the full four years fully financed or is there a limit?
The degree will be journalism with foundation year at London Metropolitan university.

Hi Spencer,

If you've only studied 1 year previously since leaving further education then you would be fully funded for all years of your new course. Thanks, Jason
Original post by Spencer26

A foundation degree is not the same thing as a degree with a foundation year. They're in fact very different qualifications.

But as above, your entitlement for full time funding is length of (current) degree + 1 year (aka the "gift year") - number of years of prior study in HE. Since you only had one year of prior study this cancels out with the "gift year" and you would still have entitlement for a full degree elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending