The Student Room Group

Changing Degree Midway Through Second Year Finance

Hi,

My daughter is looking to change her degree, she is currently in her 2nd year but has found out it is not for her.

My question is about funding.

Will student finance fund the entire three years even though they have already provided 1.5 years of funding?

Also, separate point, would a university allow a 2nd year student to drop back to the first year if they are already a semester in front?

Thanks.
Original post by Just_Phill
Hi,

My daughter is looking to change her degree, she is currently in her 2nd year but has found out it is not for her.

My question is about funding.

Will student finance fund the entire three years even though they have already provided 1.5 years of funding?

Also, separate point, would a university allow a 2nd year student to drop back to the first year if they are already a semester in front?

Thanks.

Student finance for a new course is calculated as follows:

Length of new course + 1 (gift) year - years of previous study

So for a 3-year course it would be: 3 + 1 - 2 = 2 years of funding. Your daughter would be required to pay the fees for the first year of the new course, but years two and three would be funded.

There are some exceptions to this such as nursing, midwifery and the Allied Health Profession courses.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending