The Student Room Group

Boyfriend keeps following girls on Instagram

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 6 months now. And throughout the whole relationship he will follow a girl maybe atleast once a week. I’ve mentioned to him it makes me uncomfortable but he says he has had toxic relationships in the past which have been affected because of this and that Instagram isn’t real life. He also says that he’ll only follow people that he knows or are from school. One of these who he claims to be from school, he likes her photos. I don’t know what to do anymore as it really puts me off and it genuinely does upset me and I feel like it’s at the point now where I can’t even mention it anymore.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’ve been with my boyfriend for 6 months now. And throughout the whole relationship he will follow a girl maybe atleast once a week. I’ve mentioned to him it makes me uncomfortable but he says he has had toxic relationships in the past which have been affected because of this and that Instagram isn’t real life. He also says that he’ll only follow people that he knows or are from school. One of these who he claims to be from school, he likes her photos. I don’t know what to do anymore as it really puts me off and it genuinely does upset me and I feel like it’s at the point now where I can’t even mention it anymore.

As your boyfriend he should be able to understand that it’s something that makes you insecure, and that by setting some boundaries in place whether that’s permanently close the use of instagram it’ll only ease your insecurity and give you more of reassurance. Speaking to him about it is the way forward and making it clear that “we are in this relationship together, we should respect each other values and worths and understand where we are at comfort so I believe you do xyz… I will do the same imagine if I did or do what you did how would you feel?”

Although you can’t do much really other than that to be honest except come to the acceptance that following and liking is just features of social and what forms it up unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending