The Student Room Group

Will putting my middle names on UCAS application flag it up

I applied to UCAS last year and for some reason forgot to include my middle names. I'm reapplying this year and was wondering if I include my middles name this time will UCAS not recognise me? Even though my first and last name are the same as last years application.
Original post by skfb17
I applied to UCAS last year and for some reason forgot to include my middle names. I'm reapplying this year and was wondering if I include my middles name this time will UCAS not recognise me? Even though my first and last name are the same as last years application.

I think you should be okay because the rest of your personal details will have remained the same
You should be starting a new application using the shame account from last year. I’m not sure whether it should be promoting you for your details again?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
You should be starting a new application using the shame account from last year. I’m not sure whether it should be promoting you for your details again?

I have used the same account to make the new application as I can still access my 2023 application but for the new application you still need to do everything again as it’s for a different cycle i think
Original post by skfb17
I have used the same account to make the new application as I can still access my 2023 application but for the new application you still need to do everything again as it’s for a different cycle i think

Odd, I assumed it would just copy over your personal details. I can’t imagine this will cause a problem as it’s common for applicants to include and exclude middle names. You can always call UCAS to check on Monday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending