The Student Room Group

Want to move out

Hi I want to move out of my mum house completely I’ve lived with her for 22 and a half years my mother and father are separate and I’ve never had the best of relationship with neither of them especially my dad, and I want to gain independence away from them especially my mum since she’s the one I’m living with I want to get a flat of my own I make around £900 a month can a flat or the rent of a flat be covered by that can I find a reasonable flat at a reasonable cost.
It depends on the average rental accomodation costs in your local region and availability of landlords willing to rent to single people living alone.
Check the accomodation prices for the local areas where you are willing to rent.

But usually the most viable option when moving out is to rent a room in a houseshare.
Tends to be less expensive and easier to find a willing landlord.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the average rental accomodation costs in your local region and availability of landlords willing to rent to single people living alone.
Check the accomodation prices for the local areas where you are willing to rent.

But usually the most viable option when moving out is to rent a room in a houseshare.
Tends to be less expensive and easier to find a willing landlord.

Londonmyst is a house share seen as a disadvantage or do you have seperate like rooms and facilities.
£900 on rent is all well and good but what about everything else? Council tax, water, electric, internet, food, household items, personal items? Plus there's things like maintaining a social life and transport?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending