The Student Room Group

i want a diverse friendship group but idk where to start

where do i even start how do i approach, i used to approach strangers and be genuinely interested (i'd compliment/ ask where they got their jumper ect from or ask about their book) but i think they didnt like it idk..
Try joining clubs, going to community events and volunteering to meet new people?
Original post by Anonymous #1
where do i even start how do i approach, i used to approach strangers and be genuinely interested (i'd compliment/ ask where they got their jumper ect from or ask about their book) but i think they didnt like it idk..

Eye contact and smiling is important. If ur about to walk past someone, give them a compliement and see how they take it. That way its not going to be awkward as if they dont respond, you can carry on walking lol
I sort of get you bc i struggle with the same thing. I do think it depends on the person because i know some people won't be affected by having a 2 min conversation with a stranger(or at least be polite to them) but then some people will make it clear that they hate talking to you.
Best thing to do is always remember that you might make someone else happy and hit it off (if it goes well) or that you'll probably never see them again(if it goes wrong).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending