The Student Room Group

I'm worried because my boyfriend doesn't have uni accommodation

Uni is starting next month (September) and my boyfriend's uni does not provide accommodation. He has not yet applied for accommodation and his uni is a little too far to commute. I trust him to sort it out, but I'm getting a little worried, because we're starting next month. Is there anything I can do?
See if the university has flatmate finder platforms, generally there are always students who drop out & houses need to find an extra tenant (and at least this way you live with other students from the same uni). Or checkout rightmove & spare room.
Original post by I’m sorry if you
Uni is starting next month (September) and my boyfriend's uni does not provide accommodation. He has not yet applied for accommodation and his uni is a little too far to commute. I trust him to sort it out, but I'm getting a little worried, because we're starting next month. Is there anything I can do?

Hi there,
There's definitely still accommodation options out there but the sooner he applies, the better his options. I'd highly recommend that he looks at private student accommodation in his uni city and joins any waiting lists if there are any. Check out forums like TSR as there also may be students looking for tenancy takeovers (sometimes you can find these on sites like Spare Room as well).

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending