The Student Room Group

Is it bad if a girl is dumber than the guy?

I lowkey like this guy from other school but he's rlly smart and takes 4 alevels and i only take 3. I'm struggling with the motivation to study and even though i've never failed a test, i'm getting grades like Cs-Bs unlike his As. I do try when it comes to exams, I just dont do consistent revision outside of school hours bc i have no energy when i get back home so its not as if i dont care about my education but i'm just not on his level of smart.
idk why this is bothering me but is this a turn of for people when they arent as smart as you?
Reply 2
Unless you're very slow, I highly doubt one would care enough. Doing 3 A-Levels is very difficult, some people who even start off by doing 4, end up dropping one because it ends up being too much. I wouldn't worry if I were you, being book smart is just one way. A-Levels are solid and there are so many factors that can affect your grades, whether it's lack of motivation or something else. They don't necessarily determine your intelligence and I'm sure that as long as you have some sort of goal of what you want to achieve in life and you strive towards that, you'll be fine. Most people find that appealing.
Reply 3
There is a difference between being intelligent, in an acadrmic sense, and smart, including having traits like common sense, wider interests and awareness of the world, sense of humour and conversational skills.

Two people from varying educational backgrounds can work if they are compatible in other ways. I'm a graduate, my boyfriend isn't, but our first meal out together lasted 5 hours as we never stopped talking.
Reply 4
You don’t have to be an exact IQ and academic match to your partner. Otherwise all the great minds in history would have remained single. And I wouldn’t draw a huge distinction between 3 and 4 A levels. Go for it !!
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending