The Student Room Group

Scholarships

Do scholarships exist in uk universities? Like when you study for free becuase of very good grades? I'm in uk and want to get into medicine. I think I can get all 9 in my A levels.
They do, but they are uncommon and fully funded scholarships are very rare. Your best bet is to look at the funding pages of any unis you might consider.

Would you be eligible for a loan from Student Finance England (SFE)?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Do scholarships exist in uk universities? Like when you study for free becuase of very good grades? I'm in uk and want to get into medicine. I think I can get all 9 in my A levels.

The 9-1 grading system only exists for GCSEs. The system for A level is still A* to F.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Fully funded scholarships are extremely rare but I believe Imperial does a scheme where if you perform extremely well in your A levels or equivalent exams and in any other application related tidbits (interview, admissions test etc.), the university will reduce your tuition cost by £5,000 each year and this is also applicable to applicants with low family incomes...
Original post by Anonymous #2
The 9-1 grading system only exists for GCSEs. The system for A level is still A* to F.

And it’s not uncommon enough for students to get all A*s at A level for that alone to qualify you for scholarships.
Have a look at scholarship hub to see if there are any you qualify for (most will be need based rather than merit based, but not all) as a starting point, and then have a detailed look on the websites of medical schools you want to apply to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending