The Student Room Group

NHS LSF £5000 Grant, without taking a student loan.

Has anyone gained an NHS LSF £5000 grant despite not taking a student loan? I am sure that I am eligible for a student loan If I want to. I am a mature student applying to study physiotherapy undergraduate; between 10 years of saving, parental support and the odd shift I wanted to attempt my academic journey without taking a loan. The course is eligible for LSF but most people get it through the student loan payment. If anyone could share their experience I would be eternally grateful!! This is from the NHS LSF fund (very vague) "students who choose not to claim a student loan for personal reasons may still be eligible to access the NHS LSF, however, their eligibility will be assessed on a case by case basis".
Thank you!
Original post by Martin96
Has anyone gained an NHS LSF £5000 grant despite not taking a student loan? I am sure that I am eligible for a student loan If I want to. I am a mature student applying to study physiotherapy undergraduate; between 10 years of saving, parental support and the odd shift I wanted to attempt my academic journey without taking a loan. The course is eligible for LSF but most people get it through the student loan payment. If anyone could share their experience I would be eternally grateful!! This is from the NHS LSF fund (very vague) "students who choose not to claim a student loan for personal reasons may still be eligible to access the NHS LSF, however, their eligibility will be assessed on a case by case basis".
Thank you!

Hi Martin,

We'd recommend asking the NHS directly, since we don't have any say in their decisions regarding the LSF.

However, you can definitely make an application with us, and we'll approve you if you're eligible.

You also don't need to actually claim the loan if you don't want it.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending