The Student Room Group

My girlfriend cheated on me while I was on drugs?

My girlfriend and I have been with each other for going on three years now. For the past two years I was struggling with an addiction and I tried to get help but relapsed a few times. When I was high I did things that wasn't me, like I didn't treat her right and appreciate her or get her any gifts etc. Come to found out a few months ago she's been cheating on me with someone else and she left me for him, apparently he loves and appreciates her but I still don't think this was an excuse for him to cheat. Do you think that she's in the wrong here? Everyone is telling me that I did this to myself and that I had it coming but I don't think that's true
Original post by Anonymous #1
My girlfriend and I have been with each other for going on three years now. For the past two years I was struggling with an addiction and I tried to get help but relapsed a few times. When I was high I did things that wasn't me, like I didn't treat her right and appreciate her or get her any gifts etc. Come to found out a few months ago she's been cheating on me with someone else and she left me for him, apparently he loves and appreciates her but I still don't think this was an excuse for him to cheat. Do you think that she's in the wrong here? Everyone is telling me that I did this to myself and that I had it coming but I don't think that's true

I think for the way you treated her she had no choice. You should have done the wisest of things and seek help, not treating her right appreciating the smallest of gestures and gift given only mean deep down your ungrateful. She gave an indication that it’s purely because of love and appreciation something you lacked according to her. I agree with everyone else
Reply 2
These things are never clear cut and I think trying to look for hard rights and wrongs in these murky situations is a bit of a hiding to nothing. Instead of beating yourself up or trying to blame her for a reaction to a terribly stressful situation outside of her making, focus on moving forward now you're clean and healthy.
I didn’t treat her right is very vague. Cheating is still wrong it has to be said. Best for both to move on with your lives. Get clean lad. I wish you luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending