The Student Room Group

repaying post-grad loan after dropping out

I dropped out of a masters course after the second payment in january as my father passed away. I am now being asked to repay this loan as it is considered an overpayment. As i left the course i was never told this would need repaying straight away and was under the assumption that it would be included with my undergraduate loan. I am quite disappointed with the uni and sfe as in the situation my head was not in the right place to get all the relevant info and assure that i would not be left in a tricky financial situation.

is there anything i can do in this situation other than pay the loan?

would appreciate any advice
Original post by sonnied
I dropped out of a masters course after the second payment in january as my father passed away. I am now being asked to repay this loan as it is considered an overpayment. As i left the course i was never told this would need repaying straight away and was under the assumption that it would be included with my undergraduate loan. I am quite disappointed with the uni and sfe as in the situation my head was not in the right place to get all the relevant info and assure that i would not be left in a tricky financial situation.

is there anything i can do in this situation other than pay the loan?

would appreciate any advice

Hi there.

I am very sorry to hear about your Father. Was your Post Graduate application withdrawn? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
hi ross, yeah i shouldve clarified that i suspended studies in january last year, as i considered starting again this year, but ultimately ended up withdrawing in august
Original post by sonnied
hi ross, yeah i shouldve clarified that i suspended studies in january last year, as i considered starting again this year, but ultimately ended up withdrawing in august

Thanks for confirming for me. If the application was withdrawn that confirms you do not have an intention to return to study so would enter the repayment stage. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending