The Student Room Group

Would the universities still accept me if I get kicked out of my current course?

So basically I'm probably getting kicked out from college. And I was wondering if i would be able to ask the university which have given me an offer if I could enroll on a foundation year instead based on my year one grades. Seeing as I won't be completely this year. Or would they just not accept me at all? I was thinking that since I've gotten 8 Distinctions and one pass I would still have a chance.
(edited 2 months ago)
I think this is a pretty unusual situation. Since your situation has changed and you are no longer completing your qualification, you will need to reach out to the unis to advise them of this change as far as I am aware (and UCAS...?). No idea what the outcome would be.

@PQ and @Admit-One may have some sense of how this might play out...?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I think this is a pretty unusual situation. Since your situation has changed and you are no longer completing your qualification, you will need to reach out to the unis to advise them of this change as far as I am aware (and UCAS...?). No idea what the outcome would be.

@PQ and @Admit-One may have some sense of how this might play out...?

Should I reach out to them now or when the decision to officially kick me out has been made because I had a meeting with the head of department today and its not looking good.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by zero120
Should I reach out to them now or when the decision to officially kick me out has been made because I had a meeting with the head of department today and its not looking good.

Well no point doing anything until you actually have an outcome from your college. Are you just assuming you'll be removed from the course? If so wait to see what the outcome is. It might be totally different to what you think.

I'd probably suggest trying to fix the issue while you can to avoid having to go down that route altogether to the extent possible.
Need to find out the outcome before speculating how to get into uni.
Original post by zero120
So basically I'm probably getting kicked out from college. And I was wondering if i would be able to ask the university which have given me an offer if I could enroll on a foundation year instead based on my year one grades. Seeing as I won't be completely this year. Or would they just not accept me at all? I was thinking that since I've gotten 8 Distinctions and one pass I would still have a chance.

Only the university can answer this so you would need to ask them. Even for a foundation course they would usually require a level 3 grade. I suppose what you were kicked out for might also have an impact. Had you been taking A levels it might have been easier as you would have been able to sit externally at another exam centre. What I would suggest you should do if you do get expelled is look into seeing if you could complete your BTEC elsewhere. That seems the most logical solution but you cant do anything until the result of your meeting. It might be worth discussing this with a careers adviser or Educational Welfare Officer to see if they can help.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
As above, you will need Level 3, and to address the reason you have failed your current course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending