The Student Room Group

I can't have sleep with anyone without freaking out. I feel like it's over.

I'm a 26 yo man and as a result have never been in a relationship or kissed/slept with anyone. If someone hugs me I will generally start crying/shouting at them to get away though it's not a physical touch thing as opposed to intimacy issues since I play lots of contact sport and have no issues there. My childhood was awful and I can't help but suspect this is what caused it.

In most other areas of life I have worked hard to turn things around from being a total loser and I am doing very well. Lots of money, great education, great job, physically fit /attractive, hobbies, social life etc but I feel like this is something you can't change and is going to stick with me for life. The quality/amount of women hitting on me is sky high now which makes it even worse because it just reminds me of what could have been if I had a different childhood.

Could any uni students or older help me see this in a more positive light?
Reply 1
Get professional help; a qualified therapist is better than random strangers on the internet.
Agree, it's definitely one for a counsellor/therapist. Most people on TSR are kids or students so you won't get much qualififed advice for what is plainly a serious issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending