The Student Room Group

What do I do?

So my parents earn in the top bracket for the student maintenance loans so I will be getting the minimum amount of money available, however my parents don’t care about university or my career choices. so they are not helping me out with money at all and the amount I’m going to be getting won’t even cover my rent. Does anyone know what I can do, I’ve tried to get a job but have been turned down by all so I’m really struggling with getting financial help. Is there something I can apply for or get help from?
Reply 1
Unfortunately this is th flaw with the student finance system. You're not entitled to anything more. You're going to have to find a job. It may even be more viable to take a gap year and work full time and save money. And then continue working part time as well once you start university.

It's unfair but those are the facts.

University may offer some bursaries but for you they'd need to be academ based, you wouldn't receive anything income based
Reply 2
Academic based*
Original post by bobtee
So my parents earn in the top bracket for the student maintenance loans so I will be getting the minimum amount of money available, however my parents don’t care about university or my career choices. so they are not helping me out with money at all and the amount I’m going to be getting won’t even cover my rent. Does anyone know what I can do, I’ve tried to get a job but have been turned down by all so I’m really struggling with getting financial help. Is there something I can apply for or get help from?

Consider attending a local university so that you can continue to live at home or a degree apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending