The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You should have at least wrapped it up in tissue first. I personally wrap it in tissue and then throw it in the bin to avoid disgusting sights
ashy
A friend of mine had a flatemate's friend staying round one night - the next day after she left they found a used sanitary towel just left behind the taps on the sink in the bathroom.

:indiff:

Possibly the most horrible thing I've ever heard. Got to have some nerve to leave that in someone's house!
just speak to your mum.

maybe it was just a surprise to her to find it (tbh... i'd be pretty shocked too).

At home we dont have a bin in the bathroom, we just have bins in our bedrooms... and cos of that i'm often wandering around clutching one... wrapped up.

just apologise =] and try to remember not to do it again.
Your mum has been there so she's knows what its like!
To start with get a bin, that was so gross, but i think your over reacting a bit.. your mum isnt going to not talk to you for a week...
Reply 24
why the hell dont you just bin it.....what the heck are you doing just leaving it around!
It is a bit disgusting but these things happen. Your Mum is a little mean at over-reacting so much- You can get little scented plastic bags speficially for putting used sanitary towels in before they go in the bin, why not just buy some of those.

Just explain what happened and maybe suggest a bathroom bin for the future? I wouldn't feel embarrassed about it either, you're right it isn't like you have been caught doing something like masturbating!
Reply 26
Your mum is majorly overreacting. And why on earth haven't you got a bin in your bathroom? Ask your mum to get one or get one yourself - c'mon she and you should both know that it's kinda essential for women. Otherwise use a plastic bag or something that you knot up and leave it there as a bin.

Why is it a problem to take it out when your mum's outside? She's your mum - it doesn't matter that she knows you're on your period. And if it really embarrasses you so much, wrap it up in tissue, scrunch it up and walk out, so if anyone sees anything they'll only see a ball of tissue. It's what I do when I'm round a friend's and they don't have a bin in the bathroom - I just go out and dump it in another bin.
i was hoping the OP was a boy, well at least they thought they were....
suek
Whilst it's gross, obviously, it's not like you did it on purpose as a 'present' for her or anything lol - your mum has been really mean to you making you feel this way about it! (And people on this thread too; have you honestly never done something by accident that you regretted, didn't mean to do, was gross or highly embarrassing?)

:ditto: to all of this.
Christ people get some perspective.

Just say sorry to your mum, explain why you did it and promise you won't do it again. The way she's carrying on sounds ridiculous. :hugs:
why is your mum being so mean about this? i mean yes you should've wrapped it up but it's not the end of the world.
i don't have a bin in my bathroom and i don't like putting them in my bedroom bin (that is when i use them - i'm more a tampon kind of girl lol) so i have to traipse down to the kitchen in front of my two brothers AND my dad clutching a bulge of toilet roll. such is life.
Reply 30
why were you embarassed to take it out the bathroom with your mum seeing? Its not like she doesnt know you have periods....
Reply 31
when i used them i used to wrap them in toilet roll and then put it in the bin - you should have done that.

but basically, she should stop freaking out. i'm sure something similar has happened.

apologise once and for all and then move on - she'll soon do the same!
Reply 32
Of course I'd wrapped it up in the paper from the new one! I really don't want to bring it up again at all: I tried apologising at the time but she wasn't having it, and rightly so. Maybe she's found some of my sister's as well and assumed they've all been mine! I'm 16 btw ...
Reply 33
I think offering to put a bin there would be worse: who would be expected to empty it?! I think it's better to have everyone see to themselves tbh ...
Anonymous
Of course I'd wrapped it up in the paper from the new one! I really don't want to bring it up again at all: I tried apologising at the time but she wasn't having it, and rightly so. Maybe she's found some of my sister's as well and assumed they've all been mine! I'm 16 btw ...

Ok well best idea is to buy a bin then if you don't want to bring it up. And just say to your mum if she mentions it that it's easier and less embarrassing for you. Thinking about it she really should think about things like this for you..it isn't pleasant to have to carry it out the bathroom with you!
Hope you get things sorted avec the madre :smile:
Have you not got a bin in your bathroom?

But seriously, from the way your mother reacted, anyone would think you ran out of the bathroom and slapped her round the face with it...
Anonymous
I think offering to put a bin there would be worse: who would be expected to empty it?! I think it's better to have everyone see to themselves tbh ...

Common sense - when it's full, tie it up and replace it. It's not that hard.
Anonymous

well then stop moaning and carry it with you and get over it! If you don't have a bin then your mum is obviously expecting you to have to do that anyway. There are far worse things than being seen carrying a wrapped up pad to the bin by your own family:haughty:
Ew. That is seriously gross.

1) Use the bin
2) DONT leave it lying in a draw/wherever just because you are going to move it later.

What was so wrong about carrying it out of the bathroom? Has your mum never seen a sanitary towel before? Of course she has - to be fair you did bring this on yourself I don't see why you couldn't have just got rid of it in the first place??

Edit: Who the hell doesn't have a bin in there bathroom????????? That is weird. GET ONE!
Reply 39
You need a bin in your bathroom.

Wrap them up in loo roll & then tie them up in one of those scented bags.

Your mam will presumably do the same thing, so whoever empties the bin isn't really an issue...

Latest

Trending

Trending