The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

blissy

Do other people not weigh out rice, potatoes, pasta, dried fruit, nuts...? I only don't weigh fresh vegetables and don't get carried away with fruit.

I weigh out rice and pasta because otherwise I make about 50 times too much. I don't weigh anything else though.
Reply 61
blissy
I make a mix from oats, slivered almonds and raisins for active days (as I need the energy) and I use a small espresso cup to measure it out. I've weighed the contents of what the espresso cup scoops and looked up the calories of my mix - it's so easy just to scoop and then add a slosh of milk.

Otherwise, I always weigh out my cereal and milk and try to choose options that are low in salt. I have scales that I put my bowl on, zero, turn to gram weight, weigh cereal, zero, turn to ml weight, weigh milk.

Do other people not weigh out rice, potatoes, pasta, dried fruit, nuts...? I only don't weigh fresh vegetables and don't get carried away with fruit.

I used to weigh bloody everything, I still weigh nuts, oats, yoghurt, dried fruit and I would weigh pasta and rice if I ate it.
I like shredded wheat :yes:
Reply 63
raspberryswirl
I weigh out rice and pasta because otherwise I make about 50 times too much. I don't weigh anything else though.

Yeah, I make chronically too big portions for most things which is why I have to be disciplined now!
Reply 64
cowsgoquack
I like shredded wheat :yes:

mmmm yeeeeah with chocolate protein powder :biggrin:

and cereals dont say a bowl is x calories, they say one serving is x calories, and then they specify the serving size (usually 30g/45g)

but yeah i totally agree its bloody stupid how big the "one serving size" actually is.

crunchy nut clusters is soooooooo niiiiiiiice.
but sooo much sugar :frown:
so does anyone know how many handfuls is 30 grams one or two
Original post by misshelpful
so does anyone know how many handfuls is 30 grams one or two

Only 7 years too late

Posted from TSR Mobile
I eat one fried or boiled egg, small portion of an oatmeal, and some fruit. I don't know about calories but this breakfast really fills me up.
Original post by GeoffreySchwab
I eat one fried or boiled egg, small portion of an oatmeal, and some fruit. I don't know about calories but this breakfast really fills me up.
that meal is about 800-900 calories depending if you have a small portion or big portion
Original post by Angry cucumber
Only 7 years too late

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know 7 years that is a lot of years as I feel that it was only yesterday angry cucumber thankyou very much
It's gotta be Frosties
Low in sugar and salt!
Perfect for losing weight
Cereals are full of sugar. I dont eat cereal and have cut it out. Its unhealthy and not filling at all
Original post by 786_786
roughly how much is 30g of cereal if you were to measure it in cup sizes?

I tried to get an answer to this very simple question, seeing as the only cups in our house are tea cups lol, no chance, so if this helps a ramakin of original Cheerios weighs 35g

Latest