The Student Room Group

Guys, is this a valid reason as to why you wouldn't go out with a girl?

"she's too nice"

I nearly went out with a guy but didn't. We were supposed to talk about going into a relationship on a Monday but on the Friday before I overheard his twin sister say "noo, he'd never go out with her, she's too nice". I am a nice person, rather quiet, sensitive and I'd never do anything offend a person. He, on the other hand, was popular amongst the whole school and basically everyone fancied him (I don't know why he picked me lol). Other people used to say "he likes myname, she's so quiet though". I'm not THAT quiet, I'm not mute. His previous girlfriends have all been those kind of girls that pose in their underwear for myspace pictures (i wouldnt do that) I never asked him why he didn't go out with me (this happened 3 years ago) but could that actually be a reason?
Reply 1
Yes. Done it in the past. Some people are too *nice*, ie. really sensitive and quiet, for my likely and I know a relationship with them just wouldnt last long.
it's a pretty **** reason but chances are if he's going to blow you out for a such a silly reason he wasn't worth your time anyway. :smile:
Reply 3
If it was three years ago stop dwelling on it! You've probably changed since then and it sounds like this guy should be history.
By 'nice' I think she meant that sometimes you need someone that'll stand up for you and be your equal rather than shrink down and let you walk all over them. But I hope you're not like that. Go and find someone less judgemental!
Reply 4
I dont think Ive ever found a girl "too nice". To me it just sounds like you werent really his type of girlfriend i.e. posing in underwear. Just need to face that some guys go for slags and miss gems like you
Reply 5
Well when his says nice maybe he means push over. There is a difference. I like nice girls. but I don't want to be in a relationship where a girl, won't battle me, argue against me and never gives her own opinion. It's no fun if she just roles over.
Reply 6
KingPin
I dont think Ive ever found a girl "too nice". To me it just sounds like you werent really his type of girlfriend i.e. posing in underwear. Just need to face that some guys go for slags and miss gems like you
This.
And at least he's been honest and hasn't gone for it anyway only to hurt you (well...).
Reply 7
Bit of a crazy reason. Maybe you just wern't his type. Too good for him! lol
Reply 8
Don't change who you are for anyone. But yeah I know guys always say to me they love my confidence and my guts whereas some guys think I'm way too opinionated and irritating but I love who I am and won't change for anyone!!! If you want to get louder/more confident do it for yourself no one else!!
Reply 9
Far from it. As long as you can hold a conversation, being generally quiet is a problem. Niceness is sexy. Forget that guy, he isn't worth your time.
Reply 10
Also, sometimes just being yourself means you offend someone. Are you yourself? Because never giving your opinion jsut to keep everyone happy is not attractive.
He was probably just into skanks.
In the end its up to him...he shouldn't really listen to that, you cant be too nice, the only way to find out is to go for it. Better to try and know than not know at all.
Reply 13
he probably is in to lasses abit rough around the edges. lol, like Lilley Allen XD
He didn't say i was too nice. In fact he said i was "the perfect girl" for him. I'm definately not a pushover, i just don't feel the need to be the centre of attention 24/7 like the girls he normally liked.
Juniper2
If it was three years ago stop dwelling on it! You've probably changed since then and it sounds like this guy should be history.

lol, i so agree with this. likeawow, it was three long years ago!
Reply 16
nice girls are usually freaks in bed. just sayin.
Reply 17
To my mind, this would be a valid reason (apart from the fact that I am not lesbian and wouldn't date girls).
I can't cope with people who always try to avoid offense, keep quiet and don't like having argues. For such type of man I'm way too dominant- I need a dominant partner who can show me my limits.

But as someone said above, it's a question of types (not the outer appearance).
Reply 18
You do realise that this thread is over a year old, and that the OP has since been banned by request?

Latest

Trending

Trending