The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've said before they are great but for me they werent worth the money. I use hair tools and they were a fraction of the cost and do everything the ghds do. But thats me.
Reply 2
I have a pair that my hairdresser ordered for me (she thinks they're even better than GHDs) and I love them. They're really worth it - your hair stays straight for two days, you can curl it, you can do so much and they don't damage your hair.

For me, buying a pair for £50 and finding them crap is more of a waste of money than spending £110 and having a pair that work and will work for a long time.
Remington ones are really good and they are much cheaper.
Reply 4
YES!! They are most definatly worth the money, I couldn't live without mine :cool: Are you sure they are £100? I paid about £90 for mine and that was over a year or more ago.
Reply 5
hair tools? what are they like?
Reply 6
Enola
YES!! They are most definatly worth the money, I couldn't live without mine :cool: Are you sure they are £100? I paid about £90 for mine and that was over a year or more ago.

the hairdresser in town, is selling them for £100. althought I also know a place selling them for £103 (why the extra £3?) with free heat srpay
blissy
I have a pair that my hairdresser ordered for me (she thinks they're even better than GHDs) and I love them. They're really worth it - your hair stays straight for two days, you can curl it, you can do so much and they don't damage your hair.

For me, buying a pair for £50 and finding them crap is more of a waste of money than spending £110 and having a pair that work and will work for a long time.

Don't all straighteners damage your hair? Any exposure to heat will damage it eventually. Which ones do you use?
Reply 8
Hayley_2k4
hair tools? what are they like?

Same a GHD's. Have 4 heat settings and heat within 2 minutes. You can get them from saloneasy.com for £25.
Reply 9
susiemakemeblue
Don't all straighteners damage your hair? Any exposure to heat will damage it eventually. Which ones do you use?

Yes it will but by minimalising the contact (old straighteners you used to have to leave on the hair for ages to get straight) and use appropriate sprays and treatments you can minimise the damage.
So you have curly hair? There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing worth spending £100 on, anyway...
Phew! So glad my hair is naturally straight :smile: Not that there's anything wrong with curly hair, of course!
This sounds mega thrifty , but me and mu mum share ours and they cost her £7. You would think they'd be as naff as but they are the same sleek deisgn as GHD's and work superbly. I use them to straighten my boyfriends hair when we go out and his hair is mega long and rather wild but the effect lasts at least all day.
Reply 13
Remington ones are really prone to breaking. my flatmate is on her 3rd pair since september (they've been replaced each time) cos they just stop working

oh yeh and i hate remington cos i had a hairdryer of theirs that burst into flames and burnt my hair :frown:

lou xxx
Hayley_2k4
selling them for £103 (why the extra £3?) with free heat srpay

Because the free heat spray isn't really free :rolleyes:

That's damn cheeky, that is!

ZarathustraX
Reply 15
Hayley_2k4
I REALLY want to get some, and am thinking about it. But the only thing holding me back is the cost - £100. I know they seem to be best for straightening hair. But I mean £100. I sound really tight now. Lol. does anyone else use them? And do you think they were worth the money?

Yes they're a godsend!
blissy
I have a pair that my hairdresser ordered for me (she thinks they're even better than GHDs) and I love them.

:eek: What are they??

ZarathustraX
well worth it. I paid 90 a month ago.
HS straighteners are *awesome*. Exactly like GHDs (I alternate between my HSs and my sister's GHDs and can't tell the difference) but minus the price tag. I got them last summer because £100 seemed a bit steep to me too, and I'm so glad I did. Fantastic :smile:
Reply 19
cannot. live. without. mine.

Latest

Trending

Trending