The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
This may seem a little obviously but does anybody know whether if track says you have not met the conditions, whether this is final or not? I.e. Presuming you didn't make the grade, is this now when you ring the uni and beg or don't you have a shot in hell of changing the unis mind once its set in stone (on track) lol ?
I will yeah. Cos i cant apply for accomodation until i have an unconditional offer and i need to apply as early as possible as competition is fierce :wink:
I'm pretty sure it is 6am
Reply 43
deos this actualy happen, sounds a bit hopefull/ eager to me - i really doubt its too common, maybe for some but ive never heard of it before...
Reply 44
yeaah! im probably gonna be panicking all night though!
Reply 45
It does happen. I'm going to, if i fail i dont think i'd go to college though haha!
catoutofthebag
Do you realise that you won't get your results from Track, you'll only be able to see if you got into your uni or not. Even if it says you've got into the uni you might not have got the grades you wanted, it just means the uni have accepted to. Sorry to burst your bubble, just making sure you know what's coming.

Does it really matter? I'm under the impression that these people will be doing A-levels solely to get into university, not boast about their results or whatever else you can do with them. In which case, the grades are irrelevant if you get a place.
I'll be checking :smile: I'll be doing it via my phone haha.

I can get results at 10am, but I'd rather know whether or not I'd got in or not first. If I didn't, I'll slope in round about 12pm to get my results then leave promptly without opening the envelope.

If I got in, I'll make sure i'm there for 10am and eagerly rip open the envelope :biggrin:

Eurgh, I hope I get in haha. I'll also check it a few days before results day as it may update before...but seeing as this is Imperial...well results day is probably the best day to check.
Reply 48
doesn't the system crash because so many people try to view it?
catoutofthebag
Do you realise that you won't get your results from Track, you'll only be able to see if you got into your uni or not. Even if it says you've got into the uni you might not have got the grades you wanted, it just means the uni have accepted to. Sorry to burst your bubble, just making sure you know what's coming.

Captain obvious to our rescue
Reply 50
Initially I was thinking that I wouldn't check as that just ruins the whole experience. On thought however, I'm undecided as Track means I can prepare myself for failure.
I will definitely be checking I think, as the teacher who deals with uni stuff at my school has told us to bring the admissions tutors' phone numbers to school so we can ring up immediately if we need to!
I'm checking, if you dont get into your firm will it tell you whether you got into your insurance? Also, does anyone know if you get points equiv or a grade under and they have accepted you, if itll show unconditional, or will you have to phone up?

If I got into my firm I would notttt care what my grades were, id scream the house down!!
Katieloula
I'm checking, if you dont get into your firm will it tell you whether you got into your insurance? Also, does anyone know if you get points equiv or a grade under and they have accepted you, if itll show unconditional, or will you have to phone up?

If I got into my firm I would notttt care what my grades were, id scream the house down!!

should do
Reply 54
I'm pretty confident I'll know whether I got into my firm (AAA) after I finish my last relevant exam as opposed to results day. You can kinda tell if you've flopped.
I will be checking so I can prepare myself for going into college for my results.. and so I can start frantically ringing the uni if the worst comes to the worst!
It's a bit like peeking at your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. :p:
Reply 57
If my exams go fairly well then i won't check. i'll wait, but if my exams go badly then i'll check and prepare myself for failure...
Reply 58
What do you say to the admissions tutor if you don't get in? :redface:
emmielociraptor
I'll try not to, but I'll probably be up all night refreshing madly...

:ditto:

That thread is gonna be crazy...

Latest

Trending

Trending