The Student Room Group

Did I Do The Right Thing?

Hi.

My probably ex-gf just told me to fork off and do what the fork I like when I said I'd go to a college in her town and do the uni course I would be doing (an HND since thats about all I got the grades for). I would have been able to see her everyday then but that really pisses her off...We live pretty far apart. Prior to this she's been being angry and bitchy to me. I keep telling her I wont bother anymore and will stay away but then she starts crying...This time though it's over she's had me like a yo yo for too long :P

She used to be the most kind and loving girlfriend ever, but since she thinks she's pregnant I think she blames me (but she won't get a test...its either just by stress that she missed her period, or she's lying).

That's the right thing right? She's just messing me around, whether she's conscious of it or not. And I don't need that.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, you did the right thing.
Reply 2
Yeah you did. But dont be a dick if she thinks shes pregnant and there is a good likelyhood of this (e.g. did she always have wacky periods?). Tell her you are there for her if shes worried about it but otherwise I wouldnt worry about her.
Reply 3
Insist she has a test. Really. INSIST.
If she's just doing it to control you, then, hey, scott free, you're escaping a head case.
If not, you've got BIG issues to work out.
Really. MAKE HER HAVE A TEST.
Reply 4
I'm not going to run away, I keep telling her to take a test but she says she's not going to be in town til Saturday. She could walk into town if she really cared, or get a bus its only 95p.

Personally I don't think she's pregnant, because for one I didnt cum and I was only inside her for a minute or two. I know there is still a chance but also she hasn't complained of swollen breasts or nauseia (if she is pregnant she would be a month and a bit gone). Also she's been out (supposedly with mates, and a lad, but she said dont worry he's gay o.O). They don't seem like the actions of a pregnant girl to me...

Anyways thanks.
Reply 5
You're male. Of course you didn't do the right thing.

Don't worry, you'll have lots of time to think about it when you're old and lonely :p:.
What girl wouldn't want her boyfriend in the same area, especially after months of distance?!
Reply 7
Buy her one. Seriously, it's so worth knowing.
She could still be pregnant, and a lot of first-time mothers don't get morning sickness etc. so its best to check.
If she doesn't know she's probably trying to forget that she could be.
Hope it works out! :biggrin:
skevvybritt x
Reply 8
Thanks but she lives two hours away (by train) and she tells me no I can't f'in come down, she has relatives comin, then next week its a friends bday etc...she has said she'll buy it herself, of course I'd buy it for her but she tries her best to keep me away...
wait a minute...your girlfriend thinks she's knocked up and your the daddy?

for some reason you seem way to chill about this....

I'd find out what the hell is up and if there's a bun in the oven before you stop communicating with her...

or you could just do the healthy thing..and ignore the situation and pretend that it doesn't exist...

just like the giant squid...
Reply 10
Look lady :P

I'm not cutting all communication with her, I'm just not going out with her and not putting up with her crap. She will tell me if she's pregnant and we have it all sorted. If she doesn't tell me she is then it's her fault, she has been a totally different person recently.

Also I doubt she is pregnant, she has been so stressed and high strung lately I reckon its that.
Reply 11
-TMG-
Thanks but she lives two hours away (by train) and she tells me no I can't f'in come down, she has relatives comin, then next week its a friends bday etc...she has said she'll buy it herself, of course I'd buy it for her but she tries her best to keep me away...

Don't mean to scare you, but Ive had this happen to me - and its something dodgy going on. Otherwise, why wouldn't you be allowed to see her? You kid yourself and think (as well as hope) "nah - no way", but I would do some investigating, cos otherwise you could get hurt! I did - and its the worst thing in the world.

O-and dont buy ANYTHING if she is acting like that.
Reply 12
Thanks. I'm asking her now if she's 100% sure she wants to be with me...she's bein all quiet. I'll move on if she says goodbye...
She's a nut! Get rid of her asap.
I think you'll do well to be rid of her. But just incase she is not lying try and encourage her to take the test before you break all contact. Even though it looks like just getting her to see you and take the test will require great effort on your part :frown:
At least then you will know, and won't have it hanging over you. Then you can make a clean break and get on with your life. At the moment she has that hold over you, this is why she probably won't take the test...well that and being scared. Make her do it, then if it's negative tell her how you feel, that it's really not working out and leave for good.
Good luck, luv lcf :smile:
Reply 15
Thanks crazyflakes. I text her today at about 2pm askin if she'd been in town (I didnt wanna say did you get the test or anythin in case someone else read it). She hasnt replied and I know she takes her phone everywhere. She had enough money to text me back last night and beg me to take her back *sigh*
-TMG-
Thanks crazyflakes. I text her today at about 2pm askin if she'd been in town (I didnt wanna say did you get the test or anythin in case someone else read it). She hasnt replied and I know she takes her phone everywhere. She had enough money to text me back last night and beg me to take her back *sigh*

Obviously giving you the cold shoulder after what went on last night. Maybe she thinks by ignoring you like that you will come running after her. It's all mind games.However, you do need to find out about the test, so for now - be persistant no matter how evasive she is x
missing periods doesn't mean pregnancy (which we all know). girls can miss their periods by 2 months and then there...the little sbugger strikes again.

i think it's important she gets a pregnancy test, for the sake of both of you. if she really is pregnant, you two would know sooner deal with the problem earlier, whether it's abortion or keeping it, and esp. if it's abortion cos it would be dangerous if it's too late.

secondly, from what you wrote, her "reason" for giving you attitude and being all mean and nasty to you is just selfish and horrible. if she's really is pregnant, unless you put a gun against her head and forced her into sex :rolleyes: , it's as much her responsibility as it is yours. she has no rights to blame it all on you, and if she's stressing out over missing period by merely a few days, she should take her anger out on her own nerves and not you. the fact that you put up with her after her meaningless rage is already quite a feat. even as a girl, she's one girl who i'm not standing up for.

and now that she's begging to have you back, the big question is - are you going to? if you relaly love her that much and is convinced that what she did was just a one-time thing, and that she would be the sweet gf she loved in the first place, by all means take her back. but if you have doubts, you should either sit down and talk to her face to face and sort out the issues, or just let her down gently. it is afterall between the two of you and we can only give you advice based on your story and our judgement, but the final decision is up to you, and whatever you do, just make the choice you won't regret. :smile:
Reply 18
lostinfantasies
What girl wouldn't want her boyfriend in the same area, especially after months of distance?!

Yeh I can't understand that either :confused:

And hey TMG - well it's not like you're trying to rid yourself of responsibility - it's her who wouldn't get a test and her who doesn't want you near her - so it's her problem really.

But try and be understanding and maybe try and understand why she's acting the way she is? Cus IF she is pregnant with your kid, anyone can understand her instability and swinging moods - it's no excuse to treat you this way, but yeh just try and understand her. It must be pretty frightening for her if she is pregnant - whereas you can go free if you so choose, which is a lot less pressure on you, in a way.
Reply 19
Okay so now its really over and I found out a few things.

She is being like this because she feels unhappy and upset she says, and she always does this with her boyfriends. That was after I told her she'd changed for the worse. She said I'm the nicest guy she's ever met and I don't deserve what she does to me. It's true, all I ever did was try to please her and make her feel special.

Anyways, when she was goin out every night of the week it was with a lad. She said he's gay, don't worry about it. I got it out of her that she was lying, he isn't gay. And next week she's going with him while he gets a tattoo (he's 18). All she could say after that was 'you're jealous aren't you?' and 'you're jealous'. I wasn't, but she really enjoyed tellin me I was.

I told her if he was gay I had nothin to worry about, unless you lied to me (that's when she admitted he isn't gay). So then I said right that's it, I put up with all the crap and then she lies to me.

She starts cryin then, sayin she only wants me, I'm the one and she won't find another boyfriend. I said then so you want me to come down? She says no and I don't know.

End of it is I told her she doesn't know what she wants, she's only young. I don't know what I want either, but I wanted to stay with her and see how it goes. I told her it was okay. We agreed not to see each other anymore, I told her she can call me when she decides what it is she wants and we can talk if I'm free. She still hasn't got a pregnancy test!

Latest

Trending

Trending