The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called ugly?

Scroll to see replies

The only one I remember now is being called an "ugly bull****ter" by this American guy (who was ugly) over the internet when we 'fell out'.

Aside from that if I haven't I don't thinki have. But the amount of comments on my weight I've had is too many to count. I'm happy with how I am yet don't like people judging at the same time.
Yes, numerous times. Hasn't really happened since year 8/9, but it happened enough to mess up my self esteem haha. I got called it by these two people who now I look back weren't very attractive themselves, and then when I had to walk past another school to get to mine a group of boys I didn't know called me ugly on numerous occasions. Thanks guys xD
Yeah, I've been called ugly but I've also been called beautiful and stunning so I wouldn't let the haters get to you because their's bound to be many MANY people out there who may envy you because of your looks x
Yes, on facebook. She said it on the wall of a mutual friend. But she also said I was cute. Ugly but cute, however that works. She was and still is overweight so I do not think she was in any position to criticise my appearance. Although she has a banging arse.
Original post by Sophieec98
Yes, numerous times. Hasn't really happened since year 8/9, but it happened enough to mess up my self esteem haha. I got called it by these two people who now I look back weren't very attractive themselves, and then when I had to walk past another school to get to mine a group of boys I didn't know called me ugly on numerous occasions. Thanks guys xD

Aww , that happened to a mate of mine , she was a girl so yeah :L
I've been called fat. I'm a size 14, so, that's prob true. I don't really know if it's the same as ugly but trust me, hurts with the same intensity.
Yeah, I have. In public, in private, by strangers by people I know. By family members like my guy cousins. One cousin particular, he saw me out with my friends and pretended not to recognise me saying "there's no way I'm related to her". My aunties used to say things to my mum too, and my mum- I love her but she didn't help- she was constantly trying to reassure me with non-compliments like "don't listen to people who keep saying your ugly. You're not ugly to me. They might say you're ugly but you're my daughter and I love you". All I really heard was everyone thinks I'm ugly.

Also at school, happened on more than one occasion boys used to call me ugly. I was arguing with this guy and he was like "who cares you're the ugliest girl in school" he then proceeded to grab random boys walking by and asked them if they agreed with him... Spoiler alert, they all agreed.

My childhood friend once turned around and said to me "ah I wish you weren't ugly" we were like 13 at the time so imagine the damage that did! I had another "friend" at the time who would also not invite me whenever there were boys because she thought I'd be like a wet rag and put the boys off all of them.

Those are some of the worse times. But I've been called ugly many times. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been called attractive or beautiful by somebody who didn't have either an ulterior motive or an obligation to say so. Needless to say my confidence is non existent and I've never been in a relationship. I know I'm ugly, I'm learning to own it and even see that there might be someone out there that digs my ugliness... Although I mostly doubt it.
No, I haven't been called ugly. But that's probably because I'm a guy.
Yes. Once by a girl in year 9 who wasn't very attractive herself. I've changed quite a bit in 3-4 years and I'd love to hear her call me ugly now :smile:
Definitely been called ugly. Damages the old self esteem and then gets you thinking it yourself. But if someone said it now to me, I wouldn't bother so much.
Nope but I know people think it, I call myself it more than enough times a day tbh...
Never been called ugly, but have been called a slut before:frown: pretty upsetting but hey that's not gonna put me down, as much as it hurts, you just gotta hate the haters and never listen to what they say. :smile:
Original post by Khadijah489
Never been called ugly, but have been called a slut before:frown: pretty upsetting but hey that's not gonna put me down, as much as it hurts, you just gotta hate the haters and never listen to what they say. :smile:

Astaghfirullah :frown:

Do you wear headscarf and skinny jeans and lotsa lotsa makeup :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahha Lol'd at your comment, thats classic:smile:
Yep they can't say that now though
Yes and fat and all those sort of names. When a randomer says it, its not hurtful but if someone I care about called me fat or ugly, that would hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Throughout my life probably until I was about 15. It affected me a lot when I was younger and to a certain extent I still believe the things they used to say to me, but you grow up and realise there's so much more to people and life than appearances.
Original post by Tyfeathers
Yep just now in the street, by boys in a car, then a middle aged couple looked at me an agreed. I wanted to throw my hot coffee in their face. Literally started to take off the lid before reality kicked in.

Being a girl it's kinda bad, I always get friends and family telling me how I should lose weight, or do things to improve the way I look such as "stop smiling, you don't have a pretty smile." It hurts when it comes from people close to you, who literally have your best interests at heart :') People will always look at one of my friends or sister besides me and say they are so beautiful, but ignore me, best I can ever hope for is a backhanded compliment. But it's strange, because at the end of the day when I look in the mirror, I can't help but see someone really gorgeous :smile: Maybe I need new glasses but I don't see what they see and it makes me happy :smile:

Well first of all, that gorgeous person you are seeing in the mirror is truly who you are. You are gorgeous. I just genuinely think it's amazing that you see that and I'm jealous. But for family to say 'stop smiling, you don't have a pretty smile', that's ridiculous. And why do boys seem to enjoy bringing a girl's self esteem down. Is it just for the 'Banter' and for a laugh. Don't know where I'm going with this but yeah, continue not listening to these A holes and stay confident. :smile:
I've rarely been verbally assaulted. When I was 7 I was at the library by myself waiting for my mum and sister to come home so I can be there with someone, and a table of boys behind me were like "oi! oi! oi!" I ignored them but finally turned around from the pc and they said, "Chunky!" or "fatty" something. But I mean as a child I was a little butterball. Ever since, I have been very adamant about keeping within a nice weight and have been 9st since 14 and now can still wear clothes since I was in school. :u: I mean even as a kid I've had adult men peek up my skirt and I've always been chatted up but like throughout my childhood, especially 9-13, I've been hearing insults here & there but I seriously was an ugly duckling. Like a tomboy who didn't groom and kinda brought it upon meself but everyone said, "if you just bathe and did your hair up like this, wore makeup and perfume, you'd be boss." I decided to do just that. :smile:

So like the last time someone ever insulted me like that I was 14 at school and this prat was like "Hey, ugly." And his mates laughed but then they all tried to chat me up and always circled around me, and the guy who did it ****ed with everyone so meh :s-smilie:

These days as a young woman I just...*gleefully sighs* Nope. Take care of myself and get hit on a lot so :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes and fat and all those sort of names. When a randomer says it, its not hurtful but if someone I care about called me fat or ugly, that would hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm. I'm strangely the opposite. If my family criticises me, I ignore them but if a strangers says it, I really feel horrible. Like at home, I walk around naked and don't keep up appearances around the house and let it all hang out so when someone insults me like "no one wants to see that!" or "you should seriously put on a bra or you'll be sorry" or "you're gaining weight" I just ignore them and tell myself, you're leaving the house today, look perfect so no one says to you what your mum just did :colonhash: So when someone insults me, albeit rare, I can't handle it =\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending