The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Yeahh, by people who don't know me. And are usually hideous chavs. XD
Reply 161
Yup, lots of times when I was at Uni.
lots of times :frown:
a few times in school, once by a friend who kinda said it by accident then apologised after, so obviously it wasnt just a joke :frown:
then at work, i was around alot fo groups of boys, and we all know what teenage boys are like . *****.
Deyn_08
shes pretty
lovely eyes
:tongue:retty:

Aww thanks :biggrin:
Reply 164
Yes, lots of times.
Yeah, but it was by a bunch of chavs so morale victory. The way I see it, you can't be attractive to everybody so I take it in my stride.
Reply 166
Yeah but I don't care.
Anonymous
I am interested in the responses to this as I have been called 'ugly' a few times in my life and obviously it affected me. On two occasions it was by strangers in the street. Once a boy stopped me and said 'excuse me' and when I turned around he just said 'You're ugly' :rolleyes:

So it affected my self esteem and when I got to college and a few guys asked me out I was amazed. My confidence had gotten so low that I didn't think it possible that anyone would like me. Things are very different now.

Have you ever been called ugly and did it affect your self esteem?

Also I'd like to hear from anyone who's never been called ugly or who have ever called someone else ugly (to their face) ...

That sound bad especially for those cowards who said that to you, I do not for sure think you're ugly plus the boy who called that probably was just a little 13year old chav may have been peer presured by friends into going out in the street and start calling people names.

so go look in the mirror and say i'm dam good looking in my own right. lol for real
Reply 168
Only by other guys strangely enough. Like when I dated a couple of girls in school, they were always to the girls "Why date him he is ugly".
Reply 169
King4eva
If you cried about it, sarcasm didnt win.

Hahaha dude your signature is possibly the strangest thing i've seen. First of all why are Jay-Z and Gervais in the same photo? What's this from?
Second of all those lights land on Jay-Z's eyes perfectly.
Third of all, why are all 3 people doing weird things? hahah
yes, but i've been called fat many, many more times.
Reply 171
Don't think so, except in jest.
Only by my brother when he's angry, he calls me an ugly, fat ****. Makes no sense since he's 14 1/2 stone, I just laugh it off

EDIT: Oh, I remember a time when me and a friend were playing this game when you have 30 seconds to be mean to the other person (don't ask) he said that I have "Ugly Insect looking teeth" same thing I guess but, the person in question looks like a horse. I've probably been called ugly by people behind my back, but those people tend to be bastards.
Reply 173
A couple of times... but I don't care really.
Reply 174
I have been called ugly a lot of times, mostly in high school. Some of the guys just seemed to think I was hideous.
It did affect me and I still don't like the way I look (who does?), but not too much because I used to be a pretty strong person.

Then I have also had a few people think I am stunningly beautiful..
I guess I am an acquired taste.

So I'm not worried, I'll find the right person for me one day - whether I am actually hideous or not.
Yeah, I have been. Many a'time.
I've been called ugly loads of times. I think it comes from being 5ft 10 and stuff. I was bullied for a long time, once a girl threated to stab me and make me 'uglier' than I already was.
Of course it affected me, but what I try to remember is that for everyone thats called you ugly there is someone out there who feels differently. Half the time when people call you ugly they are doing it for effect and don't even really mean it.
Reply 177
No, but I've never been called attractive either.
Yeah, by strangers mostly. I figure they must need to put others down to make themselves feel better. One that sticks in my mind was a pig-faced really fat ginger chav calling me ugly. o_O
Yes I have, on here mainly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending