The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
whitepearlbaby
Fanks! But umm... why do you call them the French word for vegetables then :s-smilie: It's confusing.

me no know
Reply 41
jun91ist
I weigh less than him and im older . I eat well and enjoy food. Its just genetics.

At least he wont have a huge bear belly when hes older or suffer from increased heart problems. Well maybe not since he eats junk food.

Make sure he is not anorexic.

I think i am lighter than him 5 stone something i think but eat quite good.

How do i find out my BMI?
Reply 42
In the nicest of possible ways, it sounds as if he was allowed to throw his toys out the pram during his upbringing, so is doing exactly the same now.

I dont think theres actually anything wrong with him, he's just been so picky for so long that he's convinced himself he really can't weat anything else.
Reply 43
Dump him!

Or you can get him 2Ls of Coke/Fanta Fruit Twist and give it to him every day.

The amount sugar in that thing. It will make him gain weight. But I think you should

Dump him.
Reply 44
Well that's amazing advice, I had to positive rep you straight away!

I'll just write a few points about some of the things people have said:

1. I doubt he's anorexic, he knows he's skinny and wants to gain weight, he just finds it difficult because of the way he is with food.

2. Both his parents eat healthily; his mum gives the rest of his siblings a home-cooked meal every day, but he just makes his own sandwiches.

3. I did think of Freaky Eaters at first! But I doubt he'll appreciate if I put him on it. :P

4. I don't think it's genetics, seeing as his mum is chubby and his dad has a big beer belly. :biggrin:

5. Yes, he does have a genuine fear of anything new. When we go to restaurants, he always orders the same thing, and is quite scared whenever I suggest something different.

6. He won't go to a doctors, and I don't want to force him to.

In general: I know it'll take a while to eat more/eat a different variety of foods for him. When I'm not with him I obviously can't ring him up and make him eat if he doesn't want to. But when we're together I could try and introduce him to the healthy routine of a "breakfast, lunch and dinner." He will eat Frosted Shreddies with milk, so that's a start with his calcium intake. For lunch I could just make him sandwiches and give him lots of fruit (he likes his fruit). For dinner I don't know what to make him, but it'll probably have meat in it, or maybe pasta (if he doesn't mind trying it). Again, I'll buy him different fruits to try. Does anything think that'll be okay for the day?

Additional note: I'm being quite fussy, but no-one else seems to care about his diet. We sometimes spend weeks together so I'm genuinely concerned he's not eating enough in a week.

And I'm not dumping him because of that! :biggrin:
Anonymous
I doubt he has anorexia because he knows he's thin. He refuses to go to a doctor because "they couldn't help me then, they won't help me now. No one can talk me into eating foods I don't like."

And nope, no vitamins either. ¬¬ He can't swallow tablets.

My only option is to just convince him to take liquid vitamin supplements.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Get BBC3 on the phone and get him on Freaky Eaters.
Gah!

Is this forum always full of overprotective people? Let them be however they want to be! Men aren't bothered about weight!!! If he is thin, then he is probably just naturally thin. Get over it.
Reply 47
AnonyMatt
Get BBC3 on the phone and get him on Freaky Eaters.

This is what I was thinking. Is your bf that guy who was on ages ago who only ate chips?
Reply 48
ShinyApple
Gah!

Is this forum always full of overprotective people? Let them be however they want to be! Men aren't bothered about weight!!! If he is thin, then he is probably just naturally thin. Get over it.

Did you even read the thread? I wouldn't just make up a thread to say "My boyfriend is thin, boohoo". The reason WHY he's thin is because he doesn't eat, not because he's "probably just naturally thin." I consider that a genuine problem. Go away if you're going to be unhelpful.

Latest

Trending

Trending