The Student Room Group

what do you think when you see friends/peoplewithout makeup

say like someone you know, you always see them with makeup on and the say you sleep over orsomething and see them without makeup, do they tend to look better or worse??

im asking because im unsure whethermakeup improves me or not...when ive seen a couple of people without makeup, i have easily noticed and thought they looked kinda nerdier/younger without it. i sometimes think i can look abit nerdish in an ugly way when i see photos of myself and maybe black eye liner would make me look abit older and cooler

so do people you know tend to look better or worse without makeup

Scroll to see replies

I think girls look beautiful without makeup.
Reply 2
I don't tend to notice on other people, really. Likewise, my best friend (whom I live with) says he can't tell the difference between me fresh out of bed and me after a make-up session (but then, I wear very natural make-up just to make me look less blotchy).
Personally, I think that in reality the only person that sees the effect of make-up is the person wearing it.
Reply 3
It depends on how much make-up my friends wear as to whether it's noticeable and makes a difference. I think I've seen my friends without make-up on that often that I don't really notice any more.
Reply 4
Depends. Everybody is different. Some people look better without make-up, some look worse and some I can scarcely recognise without as they put so much on normally. As a general rule though, I don't think people look uglier without make-up, just different. I tend to take more notice in the same way you would if you were used to seeing somebody without glasses who normally wears them.
Reply 5
Seeing someone every day with makeup means that they tend to look quite plain or washed out without it...
and usually less attractive!

I don't really like it when girls wear make up daily or for going out during the day tbh
That's a tough one, if I find someone beautiful I'll find them beautiful with or without make up, it's just the way I work. I don't wear make up all the time but I definitely prefer myself with it. However if someone thinks you look great with make up, and they think you're great on the inside then I don't really think that wearing no make up will really change that. Despite what people think, they don't look as drastically different as they think they do without make up on. Plus, without make up is how nature intended us to be so surely we can't be that bad?
Is anyone else a little worried about feeling a little 'exposed' in the mornings at Uni without their make up on?
Reply 8
yep, one of my friends is really pretty but without make up i think her skin looks dull/eyes look beady. I think it can really help exccentuate certain features like your eyes or lips and make you look better. My skin looks flawless with makeup.
Reply 9
What a difference good make-up can make!
Reply 10
My girlfriend doesn't really wear make-up that often, but I think she's pretty without it. Doesn't make a different to me really.
As sad as it is but I would never consider situations where I had to remove my make up in front of people, that was until I went on holiday with my friends and also stayed in a hostel with other people in the room, now I still don't like it but I can take it off. Some people need make up =[ my skin isn't great so I don't feel confident in the slightest if I don't have make up on. I only have a few marks right now rather than spots but still need to cover them all up. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy, he prefers it if I don't have make up on for some reason. I wear mineral make up now, it feels SO much better than liquid, can't even tell you're wearing any, it's awesome =]
LivingDeadly
Is anyone else a little worried about feeling a little 'exposed' in the mornings at Uni without their make up on?

For the short time I was at uni last yr, it was awful! My skins a bit better this year so I'm hoping it won't be as bad =[
sil3nt_cha0s
I think girls look beautiful without makeup.

this x100! :woo:
Reply 14
I prefer girls without makeup. It's a shame so many think they look better with it on, but ultimately it's their choice so each to their own!
Reply 15
I don't usually notice to be honest. I don't wear any myself usually so I'm not an expert by any means, but unless someone usually wears a lot then I won't be able to tell when they don't wear any
Reply 16
It's quite shocking how different some friends can look without it, but it also makes me admire their make-up applying skills.

I don't think anything when I see people without any at all... it's their choice if they feel comfortable with or without it. But I do find those who can never even be seen out of the house without some on as a bit odd... each to their own, though.
I never used to wear makeup aside from mascara and lipgloss... I just felt more self-concious wearing makeup as I thought I just wouldn't apply it right. Now I do wear eyeliner most of the time but other than that I can still feel ok without.

This is probably why I don't find it particularly bizarre to see friends without makeup, even if they feel very strange about it. I find it strange that my friends feel the need to wear so much makeup as I think they look just as good (sometimes better) without it.

In general I find that excessive makeup always looks worse on girls than being natural, but I do believe that eyeliner can greatly improve someone's look. Like you op, I feel that I can look quite nerdy when not wearing eyeliner... it really does help!
Malkmus
Depends. Everybody is different. Some people look better without make-up, some look worse and some I can scarcely recognise without as they put so much on normally. As a general rule though, I don't think people look uglier without make-up, just different. I tend to take more notice in the same way you would if you were used to seeing somebody without glasses who normally wears them.

This :yep:
Mimbobanage
For the short time I was at uni last yr, it was awful! My skins a bit better this year so I'm hoping it won't be as bad =[

Ahhh I don't always wake up feeling rough but the majority of the time I wake up and just feel awful! People are going to see that aren't they? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending