The Student Room Group

How to chat up a girl...

...who works as a cashier in Tescos?

I've been to the Tescos yesterday night, there was that girl, more on the chubby side, reminded me of one of my exes, tbh. I liked her, looked really hot. But even though it's been 12:30AM, there were still 5 people with trolleys full of shopping behind me, and being knackered I had absolutely no idea whatsoever how to chat her up. My mind went totally blank.

I usually have head full of ideas, but that was one of the weak days, even for the champions and masters. So - guys: how would you chat up a girl in such a corny situation?

Girls - how would you like to be chatted up in that kind of situation?

Let the suggestions roll in. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
buy some condoms, walk to the tills, and wink, if she doesn't get it, she's not worth ur time
Reply 2
Bludclotzz
buy some condoms, walk to the tills, and wink, if she doesn't get it, she's not worth ur time

lol, good one, but life's not American Pie, y'know... :awesome:
Reply 3
Buy some cheese, say "Now that's the cheesy stuff out the way, now's the part where I ask you out".

I've had one failed relationship and minimal success in life with females, believe me, I know what I'm doing.
Reply 4
Dynamitri

I've been to the Tescos yesterday night, there was that girl, more on the chubby side, reminded me of one of my exes, tbh. I liked her, looked really hot. But even though it's been 12:30AM, there were still 5 people with trolleys full of shopping behind me, and being knackered I had absolutely no idea whatsoever how to chat her up. My mind went totally blank.

I usually have head full of ideas, but that was one of the weak days, even for the champions and masters. So - guys: how would you chat up a girl in such a corny situation?

Buy her some food?

"You can keep that"
Reply 5
Symbea
Buy some cheese, say "Now that's the cheesy stuff out the way, now's the part where I ask you out".

I've had one failed relationship and minimal success in life with females, believe me, I know what I'm doing.

lol.
Reply 6
Dynamitri

Uhh to be honest, I probably wouldn't... Especially if there's a queue, it would just be quite embarassing. But if not, you could probably just try starting a conversation and seeing where it goes. Nothing tacky or cheesy. When she's scanning something you've bought, just say something like 'See, I wasn't sure about that. You haven't had it before, have you?' (Obviously don't do it for like bread, say one of those ready meals?). Best of luck. :grin:
Reply 7
_Fleur_
Uhh to be honest, I probably wouldn't... Especially if there's a queue, it would just be quite embarassing. But if not, you could probably just try starting a conversation and seeing where it goes. Nothing tacky or cheesy. When she's scanning something you've bought, just say something like 'See, I wasn't sure about that. You haven't had it before, have you?' (Obviously don't do it for like bread, say one of those ready meals?). Best of luck. :grin:

Hahaha, actually doing this for bread might be fun :grin:

Would render having balls of steel necessary, but yeah, I think that could be quite funny, presuming a certain degree of reinforced-concrete confidence would have been kept. :biggrin:

Thank you :wink:
Does this rag smell of chloroform?

Edit: and take a trolley to cart her out. If anyone asks or gives you funny looks, say she was on offer.
Reply 9
thelancastrian
Does this rag smell of chloroform?

If she knows what chloroform smells like, ditch her. She's damaged goods.
Check this out.

:top:
Reply 11
Dynamitri
Hahaha, actually doing this for bread might be fun :grin:

Would render having balls of steel necessary, but yeah, I think that could be quite funny, presuming a certain degree of reinforced-concrete confidence would have been kept. :biggrin:

Thank you :wink:

Could do, could do. No harm in taking it down the 'funny guy' route. She'll either laugh, as I probably would, or think you're mentally retarded and urgently press the bell calling her manager. Either way, brightens up her day a bit.

No problem. :wink2:
Dynamitri

i'd be mortified if i was chatted up at work , maybe wait till she finishes and ask her out for a drink ^__^
Reply 13
I wouldn't want to be chatted up at work. Just ask her what time she finishes work, go back, and ask her out for a drink before she leaves. This only if she's made appropriate eye contact that shows she likes you. If not, she'll think you're wierd and will think you're stalking her haha.
Reply 14
Missmeem
I wouldn't want to be chatted up at work. Just ask her what time she finishes work, go back, and ask her out for a drink before she leaves. This only if she's made appropriate eye contact that shows she likes you. If not, she'll think you're wierd and will think you're stalking her haha.

Is it OK to ask at point blank range "What time do you finish work" here?

Serious question, I don't have that much of an experience of picking up British girls, am still fairly new to your country :redface:
Reply 15
Dynamitri

Serious question, I don't have that much of an experience of picking up British girls, am still fairly new to your country :redface:

Yeah i'm sure you'd be able to just ask. :s-smilie: I don't really know whether they'd find it inappropriate or not in UK
Reply 16
Symbea
If she knows what chloroform smells like, ditch her. She's damaged goods.

Brilliant.
Reply 17
Dynamitri

it depends on the girl, and the kind of eye contact that had been going on before you actually talk to her. if there was some fairly flirty eye contact going on, then it's perfectly fine to ask her what time she gets off work, but if there was no eye contact whatsoever then you come off as creepy. you know this though, its all about the chemistry that goes on there and then, nothing too different from where you're from surely.

Latest

Trending

Trending