The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not necessarily. But I do find guys being quite masculine very attractive.
My ex was great, he was always doing romantic things and saying/doing the right thing at the right time, but he used to spend so long getting ready, and used to cry at everything, and was really iffeminate in his personality. I couldn't hack it! I broke up with him (however it was one of a number of reasons)
Reply 22
im probably the camp-est thing going and my girlfriend doesn't seem to mind....i hope :O
Reply 23
Well, it all depends on the situation.

But yeah, it'd bother me. I like men, not boys.
Anonymous
Hi,

I'm just wondering how girls feel about a guy being a similar age to them, and not very protective/manly.

Would it put you off if he was pretty skinny and looked like he couldn't really defend himself, or you?

How about if he didn't really take the initative to take YOU out on dates and seemed a bit more boyish than a man who is meant to look after you...

Is this important?

Very, very important. The age no, but I couldn't date a skinny guy. I also can't date a man who openly cries in front of me (unless in exceptional circumstances). I'm quite a hard person sometimes, I don't cry much and I have quite a bit of attitude so wimpy men just irritate me. However, I don't really expect men to 'take' me out or pay for things all the time, there I believe it's important for things to be equal.
Not particularly.
Reply 26
Yes.
Nah. My boyfriend's not manly at all and I love him anyway.

He's the same age as me (well technically he's 9 months older), about 2 inches taller than me (I'm only 5'2) and weighs half a stone more than me. He looks like he could blow over in a strong wind, he's so tiny.

Although the fact that this 'hypothetical' guy wouldn't ask me out on dates or organise things or act like an adult by the sounds of it, that would bother me. My boyfriend's quite mature I suppose, he can look after me.
Reply 28
Melting Sugar.
Not particularly.

Reasons?
Reply 29
New...Romantic
Although the fact that this 'hypothetical' guy wouldn't ask me out on dates or organise things or act like an adult by the sounds of it, that would bother me. My boyfriend's quite mature I suppose, he can look after me.

How do i bring it up though? :frown:
Reply 30
koopa_coffee
What? Doris Stokes with a smile on her face?

This is good.
Anonymous
How do i bring it up though? :frown:

Depends really. How old are you both? And how long have you been together?
Emo's always seem to get girlfriends, so I guess there must be some sort of a market out there.
Anonymous
Reasons?

Well I like someone to be sensitive and not afraid to show emotion - if they're too "manly" then chances are they'll see this as too "girly". Of course i'd want someone who could stand up for themselves and not be wimpy but hey it differs person to person.

Although I don't really go for uber skinny guys.
Reply 34
New...Romantic
Depends really. How old are you both? And how long have you been together?

I'm 21 he's 22. About a month? Just over.
Anonymous

Does it bother you that he's not manly? Ultimately it doesn't matter what we think - if it bothers you it will always bother you (trust me).
Reply 36
Melting Sugar.
Although I don't really go for uber skinny guys.

How skinny is uber skinny to you? I'm trying to think of a celebrity. Hmmm.
Reply 37
Cloud Shine
Does it bother you that he's not manly? Ultimately it doesn't matter what we think - if it bothers you it will always bother you (trust me).

Not really that he's skinny as he's attractive and has a lovely face. But he's pretty immature and doesn't really strike me as the type of guy i'd get on with relationship wise. I hate to admit it but i'm pretty uptight (although i'd like to change) about things and like a lot of attention whereas he's pretty laid back. :confused:
Yes they're cute. But I'd get bored if they didnt take the initiative.
Anonymous

Ah right, I was going to say if he's 17/18 he can get away with it but not really at that age.

What exactly is it that bothers you? The way he looks? What other people think? Or the way he acts?

I don't know how you can bring it up, you haven't been going out that long but I know some couples are really close after that length of time and can tell each other stuff. But if it is bothering you a lot, you might be best to just tell him that you don't feel he's making enough effort or something?

Latest

Trending

Trending