The Student Room Group

Found a waitress cute, how can I ask to know her without sounding creepy?

So I went out to dinner today with my family and we went to this pizza place afterwards for dessert.

I found the waitress who served us REALLY cute.. she didn't have any striking features or anything, but I was quite attracted to her nevertheless. Anyway, after the dessert I forgot this membership pack that my brother-in-law gave me (its like a really small box) and we walked down the road a little, exiting the restaurant. The waitress then came out into the snow and jogged a little saying ''excuse me!!'' After I collected it from her I just said ''thanks this is really important!'' n she smiled, turned around and hurried back. I wish I had said more, but I've never been one of those guys who approach girls I barely know like that.

I kinda felt I had an opportunity to grab a name or something but failed. There's a chance she's years older than me (I'm 21), but I reckon she must be roughly my age and a student. She had this american accent and was workin on a Saturday so its probable.

Anyway, despite my zero confidence, I still want to use our little incident to get to know her somehow. I was thinking dropping by on a satruday evening and giving her something to say thanks? Also how would I go about speaking to her further than just ''thanks alot for bringing that pack out in the cold after we left!''?

Or would this be too creepy and should I just forget about it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You should've asked there and then. Going back will be weird.
Reply 2
Ask her out ask her out ask her out.
The age of chivalry is not dead, yet.
most girls like it when guys show interest in them like that.

Life seriously is too short!
the worst she can say is no, none of your friends even have to know.
Reply 3
Nooo don't go back and give her something, that's so creepy! Just go back for food and try to get a table served by her. Ask what she'd recommend, food wise. And, if you're really desperate, give a generous tip and write your name and number on a napkin/back of receipt.
Reply 4
might as well give it a go
what have you got to lose :smile:

just make sure you don't act too awkward when you actually get there
Reply 5
Original post by oliviaaa-yo

True, I really want to, but how do I go about asking her out!? I don't know her name, I don't know what I'l get that will say thanks and not look creepy, and I don't know if it will be HER serving me when I walk through the door. It could be the manager guy.. in which case all I'l have to say is ''is the girl who worked last saturday in''.. and that would just look odd haha

The odd thing is, I'm not one of those who just wants her number to get into her knickers.. I'd like to know about her etc.. she's really cute! but idk if she'd take my approach in that manner too
Original post by oliviaaa-yo

This! Be romantic and chivalrous and just go for it (easier said than done mind you). It's better than meeting a partner online or whatever, where's the spark in that? Go back and ask her :smile:

Also I know it's a generalisation but American girls tend to be slightly less uptight about scenarios such as this one, she'd think of it as endearing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Lick her face.
Reply 8
Where does she work?
Reply 9
Original post by kat2pult
Nooo don't go back and give her something, that's so creepy! Just go back for food and try to get a table served by her. Ask what she'd recommend, food wise. And, if you're really desperate, give a generous tip and write your name and number on a napkin/back of receipt.

Surely writing my name and number is more cliche, creepy and suggests to her I have no balls to talk to her face to face?

However I do like that idea in the sense, I can write a sentance or two and be sure she'l react from her own perspective after reading it... as opposed to being professional and having more of a reason to say no (what waitress would allow herself to be wooed by customers in the presence of other customers/her manager)
Original post by Anonymous
True, I really want to, but how do I go about asking her out!? I don't know her name, I don't know what I'l get that will say thanks and not look creepy, and I don't know if it will be HER serving me when I walk through the door. It could be the manager guy.. in which case all I'l have to say is ''is the girl who worked last saturday in''.. and that would just look odd haha

The odd thing is, I'm not one of those who just wants her number to get into her knickers.. I'd like to know about her etc.. she's really cute! but idk if she'd take my approach in that manner too

oooh tough one,
but if she's working you will probably see her.
go eat there again, and if she walks past your table,
specifically ask her for something e.g more salt,
then just strike up a conversation! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Hooj
Where does she work?

At a place called 'Stones' in Kingston.

(They do stone baked pizza:rolleyes:)
Go back and hope you get served by her again.
Reply 13
Original post by HumanNature1992
This! Be romantic and chivalrous and just go for it (easier said than done mind you). It's better than meeting a partner online or whatever, where's the spark in that? Go back and ask her :smile:

Also I know it's a generalisation but American girls tend to be slightly less uptight about scenarios such as this one, she'd think of it as endearing.

I completely see your point. In general American's take a more friendly approach. She also has this Ellen Paige look from Inception, which isn't hot or anything but just cute. I don't think this adds much to anything but it gives people more of a picture of what the waitress was like lol.
Reply 14
it ain't about chivalry, it's about dope lyrics and delivery.
it's about your persona, ain't nothin' like a man, that can do what he wanna'

hell to the yes.
Reply 15
So I went out to dinner today with my family and we went to this pizza place afterwards for dessert.

I found the waitress who served us REALLY cute.. she didn't have any striking features or anything, but I was quite attracted to her nevertheless. Anyway, after the dessert I forgot this membership pack that my brother-in-law gave me (its like a really small box) and we walked down the road a little, exiting the restaurant. The waitress then came out into the snow and jogged a little saying ''excuse me!!'' After I collected it from her I just said ''thanks this is really important!'' n she smiled, turned around and hurried back. I wish I had said more, but I've never been one of those guys who approach girls I barely know like that.

I kinda felt I had an opportunity to grab a name or something but failed. There's a chance she's years older than me (I'm 21), but I reckon she must be roughly my age and a student. She had this american accent and was workin on a Saturday so its probable.

Anyway, despite my zero confidence, I still want to use our little incident to get to know her somehow. I was thinking dropping by on a satruday evening and giving her something to say thanks? Also how would I go about speaking to her further than just ''thanks alot for bringing that pack out in the cold after we left!''?

Or would this be too creepy and should I just forget about it.

Go back and find out when her shift ends.
Somehow get her to serve her just before she clocks off.
Order for two, even though only you're there.
When she brings it to you, ask her if she'd like to join you.
At a place called 'Stones' in Kingston.

(They do stone baked pizza:rolleyes:)

Spoiler

Go back to the restaurant and leave a thoughtful note for her with someone else that works there?
Reply 17
I'm getting alot of ''go back and be served'' responses than 'go back and say thanks'' responses.. but if I do go back, would I go alone? Isn't it a bit sad to have a table for 1 :| I have no idea who I can bring with me, and if I speak to her in their presence surely she would be feeling a bit awkward.
I completely see your point. In general American's take a more friendly approach. She also has this Ellen Paige look from Inception, which isn't hot or anything but just cute. I don't think this adds much to anything but it gives people more of a picture of what the waitress was like lol.

Dudeeee, Ellen Page is like in my top 3 :sogood:...Trust me I know what type of girl you're describing, I predominantly try go for them aswell (Y). Naturally cute looking girls are the best.
Reply 19
Original post by Retrospect

Spoiler

Go back to the restaurant and leave a thoughtful note for her with someone else that works there?

Really? You should come with me for moral support then :wink:

Good suggestion though. But I somehow have the feeling she'd forget me if she didnt see me in person. She'd serve tens of customers from now until 7 days time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending