The Student Room Group

Found a waitress cute, how can I ask to know her without sounding creepy?

Scroll to see replies

You went to a pizza place for dessert? I didn't have much constructive to add since i agree with the people saying just wait till you go back to eat there again
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
I made that error on purpose to check you were on the ball there Roo Bix

I am never on the ball, hard to balance on those things. :unsure:
The only way this is going to happen is if you're willing to take a risk. You can do a few things.

1) Walk in there at the next opportunity and ask if she's there. If so, tell her that the thing she gave back had a lot of sentimental value, and you want to thank her, or if she's not, tell her boss/colleagues. The next thing you know they'll be telling her about the sweet bloke who came in to tell everyone how nice she was

2) Send a little present. Even if it's a little bunch of flowers or some chocolates. Write on the note 'From the forgetful man who lost his box/item. This is half the thank you. The other half is the drink I'd like to buy you. Here's my phone number/email address"

Do it now or forever hold your peace. People always look back and think "I wish I'd done that." Don't be that guy.
Reply 43
Haha! I was with two of my mates and we were talking about one of the girls that was serving being really cute. When it came time to pay up, I left my name and number on a piece of paper... Was so worth it. :colone:
She could've found it massively freaky, but she didn't... Thank god... That'd have been awkward.
Original post by Miraclefish
The only way this is going to happen is if you're willing to take a risk. You can do a few things.

1) Walk in there at the next opportunity and ask if she's there. If so, tell her that the thing she gave back had a lot of sentimental value, and you want to thank her, or if she's not, tell her boss/colleagues. The next thing you know they'll be telling her about the sweet bloke who came in to tell everyone how nice she was

2) Send a little present. Even if it's a little bunch of flowers or some chocolates. Write on the note 'From the forgetful man who lost his box/item. This is half the thank you. The other half is the drink I'd like to buy you. Here's my phone number/email address"

Do it now or forever hold your peace. People always look back and think "I wish I'd done that." Don't be that guy.

Eww, no, please do not do this OP. If I were this girl, I would be so so creeped out. I've been a waitress a long time, and I've lost count of the amount of times I've run out of the place after people who's left personal possessions behind. People are grateful, but no way would I expect a gift or something. Its just part of the job, and an instinct when people leave their stuff. Sending chocolates or flowers would be so weird. Plenty of people do this everyday...pick up stuff that has fallen out of prams or pockets etc and run after the owners. A gift in return is just a step too far.

If you like her then just go back when she's working and get chatting to her somehow. Gage her interest from there. Offer to take her out for a drink to say thank you. Simples. But please don't send chocs/flowers with a sickly cheesey note like this guy suggested. I would probably be freaked out if someone did this for me, as opposed to turned on.
Reply 45
You have a 24 hour period, if you've gone out of that window, you've blown it.
Original post by sophisticated
Eww, no, please do not do this OP. If I were this girl, I would be so so creeped out. I've been a waitress a long time, and I've lost count of the amount of times I've run out of the place after people who's left personal possessions behind. People are grateful, but no way would I expect a gift or something. Its just part of the job, and an instinct when people leave their stuff. Sending chocolates or flowers would be so weird. Plenty of people do this everyday...pick up stuff that has fallen out of prams or pockets etc and run after the owners. A gift in return is just a step too far.

If you like her then just go back when she's working and get chatting to her somehow. Gage her interest from there. Offer to take her out for a drink to say thank you. Simples. But please don't send chocs/flowers with a sickly cheesey note like this guy suggested. I would probably be freaked out if someone did this for me, as opposed to turned on.

Sophisticated, it might not work for you, but the OP said he has confidence issues so going and talking to her isn't really what he's after. This option gives her the chance to get in touch, if she wants to, without putting either her or him under pressure. It's not my ideal choice but it's the best one given the information he's provided....
Reply 47
"I... I... I wanna be on you."
Reply 48
Original post by sophisticated

Unless the person you run after happens to be in the Mafia. Then you get a yacht.
Reply 49

Ask her for her favourite pizza after thanking her? and order it up haha
Leave a big tip. =] Since you have no confidence it might be a little hard for you to speak face to face so forget your fears!
There's only two options you have: find out if she's interested or not... love's a gamble mate

"Pizza tastes so good, I bet you taste even better."
Original post by Miraclefish
Sophisticated, it might not work for you, but the OP said he has confidence issues so going and talking to her isn't really what he's after. This option gives her the chance to get in touch, if she wants to, without putting either her or him under pressure. It's not my ideal choice but it's the best one given the information he's provided....

So you think sending a non-original gift with a creepy note is the best bet? His best option is to go in there as a customer, again, and strike up a conversation with her, again. Unless the OP is a complete nonce, he should be able to gage whether she's interested or not, and then if he chickens out of asking her for a drink, he can always use the die-hard waitress chat up of writing your name and number on a napkin. If she's interested, she'll call. If she's not, she won't. But fgs, don't send chocolates or flowers. That's totally and completely unnecessary and it WILL come across as creepy, clingy and disgustingly desperate; I would be grossed out, and I would be interested to hear of any girls who wouldn't feel the same, if they were waitresses and received presents for returning someone's OWN belongings to their RIGHTFUL owner. She's doing her job. Would you give her a gift to say thank you for taking your dirty plates away? I don't think so. She probably thinks no more of it than that. I wouldn't and have never done so in the past. Going back specifically to give a gift would look stalkerish. He should casually go in, act like he wasn't intending to bump into her, and take it from there. If she's genuinely interested, the casual approach without the gift will work.

Also, OP should have some confidence in himself instead of letting sweeties or plants do the talking. If he gets rejected, so be it, it obviously wasn't meant to be, everybody has to face that sometime in their lives, and he'll move on.
Original post by Planto
Unless the person you run after happens to be in the Mafia. Then you get a yacht.

Ha. Do you not agree with me then? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending