The Student Room Group

Do you like having sex with a condom?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rylit91
If you were in a stable, long term relationship and she was on the pill, you wouldn't have to worry about those things. If not, you shouldn't be having sex.

Stable and long relationship might be, but fidelity is a lottery nowadays. My housemate at university had sex with a girl next door every time her boyfriend was away on work trips and this was going on for the duration of our degree. A few years later she married her boyfriend. There are thousands of boys and girls that cheat while in a "stable and long relationship" why take a chance.
I don't particularly like condoms, so I'm on the Pill instead.
Reply 42
if you don't you're trust someone with your LIFE because you could get something like AIDS - is it really worth it? the only reason not to use them would be if you were trying to get pregnant
Reply 43
Original post by Psyk
I'd prefer sex without a condom, but I voted yes because I still enjoy sex with a condom. Although I actually prefer using a condom than not using a condom and pulling out. Having a girlfriend on the pill or implant would be better.

I feel obliged to tell you the girl can get pregnant even if you pull out... in case this isn't a joke
I agree with the majority - I much prefer without so I went on the injection. Still my boyfriend uses them out of fear of pregnancy as we're both clean but for me I think it's more enjoyable and comfier without but there we are, STDs are a bitch and I wouldn't want me one of those.
No i'd rather have sex with a woman
I hate durex. Can't understand why people use them.

If you want something much better, google this:

"Protex 0.02"

Then, when you realise this is the best advice you've ever been given, send me some money :biggrin:

That said, I don't use them at the minute, but my girlfriend's on the coil and we're both clean so I don't really see the need.
Reply 47
Original post by cybergrad
I don't like condoms either but it is much better than getting an STD or making someone pregnant.

Nicely said.
Reply 48
As long as I know we're both clean and there are pre-cautions to stop pregnancy.
Hate it! It really hurts. I'm assuming a sensitivity to latex in my case tbh.

Though if (and thats a big if!) I ever get a new sexual partner there is no way I'm having sex with them without one! There are precaustions for pregnancy and have been checked with my current partner so can get away with it :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by cttp_ngaf
I hate them, it ruins the whole thing. I want to be able to go between all different sex stuff and not be tied into foreplay-->condom on-->shag-->cum-->done

I'd sooner just go without, or just do other stuff.

I echo this.
Original post by Loz17
Hate it! It really hurts. I'm assuming a sensitivity to latex in my case tbh.

Though if (and thats a big if!) I ever get a new sexual partner there is no way I'm having sex with them without one! There are precaustions for pregnancy and have been checked with my current partner so can get away with it :h:

Why don't you get non-latex condoms?
As in my post above, google "protex 0.02".
You won't regret it.
yes. it gives me the security of knowing that i won't be popping out a sprog. (or hopefully anyway) i'm on the pill as well by the way.
Reply 53
Original post by Gemma2010
I feel obliged to tell you the girl can get pregnant even if you pull out... in case this isn't a joke

I feel obliged to tell you that you're quite wrong: precum does not normally contain sperm, and unless you've ejaculated previously without bothering to urinate afterwards, your chances of impregnating someone are virtually nil.
Original post by TShadow383
Why don't you get non-latex condoms?
As in my post above, google "protex 0.02".
You won't regret it.

Have had a rather long convosation with my doctor about them and if there is a new partner/any chance my partner will cheat then they will be seriously considered. For now what we have atm is working for us :h:
Reply 55
Never had sex without one. But hopefully I will be allowed to go onto the Pill in the new year ( I haven't be able to go on it as they needed to confirm if I have PCOS first) and once that's all sorted I just need to persuade the boyfriend to do it without one. (He's terrified of getting me pregnant even if I'm on the pill and the PCOS means it's pretty damn hard for me to get pregnant anyway :rolleyes: )
Reply 56
Original post by cybergrad
Stable and long relationship might be, but fidelity is a lottery nowadays. My housemate at university had sex with a girl next door every time her boyfriend was away on work trips and this was going on for the duration of our degree. A few years later she married her boyfriend. There are thousands of boys and girls that cheat while in a "stable and long relationship" why take a chance.

Well, I understand that this is a very tragic truth, but those people are exactly the sort that should be avoided. Often, they are easy to tell.
I've not even had sex without one. a friend told me she hated having sex with condoms though, because it ruined the mood and was generally uncomfortable. i guess i'll never know... for the foreseeable future.
Original post by Profesh
I feel obliged to tell you that you're quite wrong: precum does not normally contain sperm, and unless you've ejaculated previously without bothering to urinate afterwards, your chances of impregnating someone are virtually nil.

I recall they did a study looking at the precum secretetions and found sperm content increased dramatically approaching orgasm of the male, rather than going from 0 to millions.
It seems that precum early on in intercourse is lacking in sperm, but after a few minutes has increasing amounts.

Thus even pulling out is no guarantee.

Hence why the withdrawal method is rubbish.

That and trying to persuade a teenage boy to pull out when every anaimal instinct is saying push in...
Reply 59
Original post by Profesh

Yeah I think the reason the pull out method isn't very safe is more to do with not pulling out in time. Which is why I didn't like it. Couldn't really enjoy it that much because I was too worried about pulling out in time.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get her pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending