The Student Room Group

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by edd360
Why is it ok for girls to slap boys but not the other way around? I thought you girls wanted gender equality? But I guess only when it favours you. Bitches.

I don't think it's okay at all, as I've mentioned. Stop generalising.
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend came over this afternoon, thought we'd have a nice day in...until she casually tells me that she's effectively cancelling the plans we'd already made because it's her friends birthday party.

I have booked a trip to paris to stay there for 3 nights and she knows about this plan for a month now. I'm covering all the expenses, it's all coming out of my wallet. Not only am I really disappointed that she's choosing a friend's birthday party over spending a weekend away with me (although I wouldn't mind IF my plan was flexible, which it isn't because it's booked so it has to be cancelled).

She told me I can cancel the bookings, which is true...but then I'm charged a damn cancellation fee from the hotel which is a lot of money, WASTED money! Naturally I got really angry about this and I hated that she's not even considering 1. my feelings and 2. my money!

We started arguing a lot and had a heated exchange and I said "piss off to your friend then I can't stand the sight of you" which I agree was very rude of me but she slapped me across the face for it!!!

I was just shocked and froze, never expected her to do this and she never has in all the time we've been together (it's a long relationship). I was SO angry I was just fuming and I think she got scared just from the look on my face, so I told her to leave before this gets from bad to worse.

She kept ringing and texting after but I switched the phone off and went to sleep so that I can cool off instead of having a slagging match via text.

Now I don't know what to do, I said some bad things but I can't believe she slapped me. I feel so disrespected and although I really love her this is just something I can't let pass. I'm facing the dilemma now, to follow my feelings and forgive her and just put it behind us or to follow my principles and stand up for my dignity by leaving her.

I feel so annoyed that all this has come about from something that should have been a romantic trip away, instead it's led to this disaster.

I really need some advice on how to approach the situation please, would appreciate your views on what would be the right thing to do because I don't want to act irrationally in this anger.

thanks.

I can see why your pissed off, I bloody well would be too!
What you said was wrong, but thats no excuse to slap you!
I say some pretty bad things when im angry at my girlfriend, but I would go insane if she slapped me! there is just no excuse for it.

I would be so pissed off if my girlfriend put me in that position.
Its a birthday ffs, it happens roughly one a year (lol).
Going to paris with a loved one does not. She really needs to get her priorities sorted.

Dont leave her. If you honestly care for her then its worth just let this go... Sometimes you have to fight for someone you care about, and if she cares about you too this will not happen again.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 62
No. I didn't know that. Why do you think physical violence is acceptable when the female could quite easily speak back to her boyfriend "like he's a piece of ****" instead?
Reply 63
Dump the dumb cow

I hate Girls who have a best friend.
Reply 64
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
:biggrin: its been a while

Yep. This guys GF sounds like a bitch though.
What she did to him in cancelling last minute is like 5000 times worse than him saying a few words in anger. And then she had the nerve to slap him? Ridiculous how you can take her side in this. Makes you just as spoilt as her. (Provided the OP's post is a true account of events.)
Reply 66
Original post by effofex
Leave her. A woman who resorts to slapping is not one to be in a relationship with. Physical violence in a relationship is not really acceptable.

I agree. If someone is prepared to drop you for a friends birthday party, and then make you go through the process of cancelling everything then slap you for it...its not worth it.

If someone slapped me, that would be it! It is a bit of a precursor for what you might expect later on as well maybe?
Reply 67
and dont some girls know that if you act like an ungrateful ***** you get angry comments?
He just said some bad rude comments, he didnt do anything violent like slap her ffs. Stop thinking that its ok for a girl to slap someone because it isnt.
Trip to Paris with boyfriend > friend's birthday party.

Enough said. She's really ungrateful. I wouldn't worry about being slapped though, it sounds like a heat of the moment thing, as was you telling her you couldn't stand the sight of her which I'm sure you didn't really mean.

Give it some time, but she was definitely more out of order than you were for slapping you. Nobody should resort to physical violence, however 'minor' it might be considered to be.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by WelshBluebird
I hate the double standards girls have.
If this was the other way around, all the girls here would be saying get out of the relationship because he'd do it again.
Yet cos its a girl whos being violent, then its no problem?
WTF.

****ing feminists dude. Feminism must die.
Reply 70
Wow, your girlfriend sounds like an ungrateful, spoilt brat who has little respect for you, and slapping you was bang out of order. Go to Paris with a friend and spend some time away from your girlfriend for things to cool off (at the very least, though I think you'd be fully justified in dumping her).

If this is the first time this has happened and it looks like it'll be a one off (I'm referring to her showing a lack of respect for you, because you already mentioned this is the first time she has slapped you), then it might be worth giving it another go. If it was me though, I would find someone else - physical violence and lack of respect are obviously signs that this relationship isn't working.
Reply 71
If you're rude to a guy he's allowed to slap you too, right?
Reply 72
Original post by NeonSkies
Trip to Paris with boyfriend > friend's birthday party.

Enough said. She's really ungrateful. I wouldn't worry about being slapped though, it sounds like a heat of the moment thing, as was you telling her you couldn't stand the sight of her which I'm sure you didn't really mean.

Give it some time, but she was definitely more out of order than you were for slapping you. Nobody should resort to physical violence, however 'minor' it might be considered to be.

Good post Neon, bit of rep for you there.

Original post by HumanNature1992
Lol, I feel for the guy tbh. I'm glad they both got slapped around.

I don't! That was some serious slap he gave her. Plus, don't go on a show where the aim is to be bullied if you want to avoid the possibility of being slapped! :smartass:
(edited 13 years ago)
Punch her in the face and take some other girl.
Reply 74
Fair is fair - slap her back, take some cash and go out with your friends.
Allow this "you shouldn't hit girls" - only idiots who haven't heard of feminism and equality would say you can't hit a girl back - she's not handicapped, or an animal. If she hits you, you have the right to slap the girl back and take one of her slutty friends to Paris instead.
Reply 75
Most people would be more concerned about their dignity than money.
There's your reason that he's more concerned about the slap than the holiday.

It's a bigger deal to others than you realise. In fact, the only reason it's not a big deal to you is probably because you don't see slapping or other forms of physical attack (as long as it's light) as a problem.
(edited 13 years ago)
You ****ing moron.
Reply 77
You have a hotel for 3 nights in Paris.

I know what I would do...
Reply 78
Original post by KayK
****ing feminists dude. Feminism must die.

Is that sarcasm?

Violence is never acceptable. From man or woman. Even if it's a slap.
To me feminism is just "equal rights for both sexes". Not "man hating bra burning raging lesbian". Which is the common stereotype. It has become almost a curse word, which I find sad.
Can you just take me instead? I won't slap you, promise :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending